none
1903 Update Will not map network Drives RRS feed

• Question

• Updating 1703 Windows 10 PRO to 1903.  Computer is on our domain, Network drives will not map.  I can ping our NAS but can not map to it.

I've tried the registry edit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System

• Right-click on System > Click on New > DWORD.

• Give the DWORD name as EnableLinkedConnections and the Value data to 1.

• Click on OK > Restart the computer once and check if the issue persists.

Tried Task Schedule: from support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4471218/mapped-network-drive-fail-to-reconnect-in-windows-10-version-1809  Even though its for 1809 I though it worth a shot. 

All other PC's we have with 1703, 1809 will map drives to the NAS without any issue.   Any help is appreciated.  Thank you

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 5:15 PM

All replies

• Is it a Dell or Compellent NAS?

If so, probably a known issue between 1903 and the OS Dell run on those. Last I checked, the workaround was turning SMB3 support off at the NAS.

More details in this thread:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-Insider-Program/W10-1903-UNC-path-failing-0x80070043/td-p/382540

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:08 PM
  • Yes it is a Dell NAS. Thank you for the link and I will keep you posted as we progress.
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 1:13 AM
  • I received the following from our server team. " This issue is supposedly addressed in Unity OE
    5.0.1.0.5.011."  We are currently on 4.4. Will update this post once the update is installed.
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:16 PM
  • Hi,

We will wait for your good news.

It is appreciated if you shared the solution to this issue,

and I believe partners who may visit this thread in the future will benefit from your sharing.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 8:36 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will propose it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful.

If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

Best regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:05 AM