none
DirectX9 driver for windows 7 installation.

Question

• I had installed windows 7 on windows XP.My PC is of configuration_ 2GB RAM, Core @ Duo (intel) 2.8processor. I donot have the graphics card/driver. DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver is not available with my PC. After downloading the DirectX9 the software is not matching. Pl help me in this regard.
    Saturday, August 01, 2009 1:34 PM

Answers

• If I understand correctly you're trying to install a graphics card driver on Windows 7. I know that in some cases you could get the driver to install (but not necessarily support all features by right clicking on the driver setup -> select properties ->Compatibility -> and check "Run this program in compatibility mode" then choose  Vista or Vista SP1.

But overall your best bet is to try and find the correct drivers for your video card.

Daniel Nerenberg MCT MCSE MCITP MCTS MVP
    Saturday, August 01, 2009 8:24 PM

All replies

• If I understand correctly you're trying to install a graphics card driver on Windows 7. I know that in some cases you could get the driver to install (but not necessarily support all features by right clicking on the driver setup -> select properties ->Compatibility -> and check "Run this program in compatibility mode" then choose  Vista or Vista SP1.

But overall your best bet is to try and find the correct drivers for your video card.

Daniel Nerenberg MCT MCSE MCITP MCTS MVP
    Saturday, August 01, 2009 8:24 PM
  • What graphics card do you have?

If you have an older ATI card, ATI stopped making drivers for older cards so the cards affected only have Vista drivers. See my link in my signature to see if you have one of these cards.
    Hello! Please try every solution given to your problem...and reply back with its results...

Click here for my thread on Win7 min. system requirements
    - JoelbX
    Saturday, August 01, 2009 9:55 PM