Yesterday I plugged in a symbol usb scanner to a lenovlo T510 laptop running windows 7. Last night i shutdown and this morning the computer doesn't find the usb device. I witll find a microsoft nano mouse and a usb expansion hub but not
the symbol scanner.
1. Click Start, type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and press Enter.
2. Expand "Sound, video and game controllers".
3. Right click on your sound card and then click "Properties.
4. In the dropdown menu of Device Usage, please choose "Do not use this device (disable)" and click OK.
5. Please use the same method to disable other dubious hardware such as: internal modem, network card and CD-R drive. Please note some devices such as video adapter
are not available to be disabled.
After that, restart the computer and then test the issue. If it does not occur, you can enable the device one by one to narrow down this issue.
Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.