none
Folder list scrolls up when I expand a folder

General discussion

• I've run into an issue both in Windows Explorer's folder list on the left and in the folder browser dialog.  When I double-click on a folder to expand it and show its children, the list scrolls up such that the folder I just expanded is at the bottom of the list with most of its children hidden.  So, as I drill down to find the folder I want, I double-click then scroll down, double-click then scroll down, etc.

It'd be nice if it scrolled the opposite direction so that the folder I just expanded would end up at the TOP of the scroll pane so that the children of that folder are visible.

A work-around I've noticed is to click on the little arrow to the left of the folder name.  That behaves like I want, but it's faster for me to double-click on a large mouse target than single-click on a small one which requires more time and mouse precision to hit.

But that small annoyance is more than compensated for by the new taskbar, which is totally awesome. =)
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 1:34 PM

All replies

•  The Misc. forum in this group has a 'comments' thread. You can add your experience, to help the dev team identify problems.

Have Comments about Windows 7 RC (Do not post questions here).url:

Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 11:57 PM
  • Yeah, that really is annoying.
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 2:01 AM
  • I have noticed that if you then press the left, then right arrow, you get it to pop back up to the top.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:27 PM
  • this seems to be a bug in the treeview control, not just the folder list... i've seen it somewhere else as well, although i can't remember exactly where... some dialog in Visual Studio, i think.

VERY annoying behavior.

Get Chrome Now - http://www.chromesville.com
    Wednesday, June 03, 2009 6:58 PM
  • I hate this problem of scrolling back up of treeview when you double click to open a folder and I also hate that when you navigate on treeview you must hit enter to see the view of folder content updated...
    Wednesday, June 03, 2009 9:34 PM