none
Surface GO stuck in S Mode after last few Insider Preview builds RRS feed

• Question

• My Surface GO reverts to S Mode after the last few Insider Previews.  I can roll back, (I forgot which Insider Preview works, but it's a few back now).  I roll back and it's out of S Mode.... wait for new build... cross fingers, and same thing, stuck in S Mode.  Microsoft Store says, "Something went wrong" when I try to Switch Out of S mode, which usually means you are part of a very small population of people that is absolutely screwed.  So, here I am.  any ideas?

-Jordan

• Edited by jordanl17 Saturday, August 31, 2019 4:29 PM
    Saturday, August 31, 2019 4:29 PM

All replies

• Microsoft has fixed the issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Surface/forum/x/y/fd4a09ed-b3cb-43bf-8e0e-1565cebb00d4?page=1

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Sunday, September 1, 2019 12:43 AM
  • Thanks, but my apps are all up-to-date and I still have the issue.  I think I'm part of a small group of Surface GO users that are on Insider Builds.  Pretty sure my Store App is up to date, I'm trying to check that now. 

Any other Surface Go users on Insider Builds !?!!?   

-Jordan

Sunday, September 1, 2019 2:49 PM
  • I have the same issue, it works until version 18950.1000 after I'm stuck in S mode and switching out doesn't work
    Monday, September 9, 2019 1:07 PM
  • I eventually downloaded the ISO for 1903, mounted it and ran setup.exe to get back to non- S MODE.    I was happy all the Insider Previews until the forced S-Mode thing.  oh well..   I'll hop back in to the program in a few months..  however, I feel like we were the only 2 Surface Go users in the Insider Preview program.  So no one will report the issue.

-Jordan

Monday, September 9, 2019 9:25 PM
  • I've just updated to build 18980 and I'm not in S mode, so it seems resolved.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:47 AM