none
Event Log Error - EventID 507 Completing a failed non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB request RRS feed

• Question

• Does anybody out there know what the above error means? 

It happens many times for instance when switching on my printer (USB)
    Or when mounting an encrypted container.

It looks like a driver thing.

All things work well by the way, that isn't really the issue.

Windows 10 x64 (1903) 

Saturday, November 9, 2019 11:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, you can disable the "Multi Flash Reader USB Device" in Device Manager.

If you need to use printer, just enable the device temporarily.

You could refer to the following link as your reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-id-504-and-507-from-stordiag-with-windows-10/08ef57a9-2abf-4d38-83ee-a510f7027d84?auth=1&page=2

Best Regards,

Farena

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 11, 2019 2:26 AM
  • Hello to you,

Thanks. I am aware of that thread, but I am afraid it doesn't offer a solution.
    My guess is that Windows creates thousands of Event Log Errors (500,502,507, 521) once a device is added.

It could be a card-reader, a printer which is described a 'storage', mounting an encrypted container, etc.

Now, things are indeed working well.

However, creating soo event log errors (4-5-6x per second) is weird to say the least.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:10 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with you.

I suggest go to test this issue in Safe Mode, Clean Boot and Device Clean Boot to determine the possible cause.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Best Regards,

Farena

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Farena

Friday, November 15, 2019 9:17 AM
  • Thanks for the above. Frankly, as all is working well, after spending (too much?) time on trying to figure out what might be causing the issue, I decided just to do nothing, to let it rest.

I assume(!) that it is hardware matter: 2 controllers, the Windows SSD -not- listed as DISK 0  in disk management, but as DISK 1. DISK 0 is taken by some other HDD. Don't ask me why this is.

[Edit, just for clarification.  "Don't ask me -why- this is."  With this I meant to say that at time I bought the pc, which was assembled based on the components I selected, I asked the shop to an connect an additional, loose SATA cable so I could add a HDD afterwards. I had a brand new 2TB drive. Now by adding this drive lateron resulted in a disk number shift: DISK 0 became DISK 1.
    WHY this is and why the HDD wasn't assigned with the next following number, like disk 3, or 4, or 5, well that I don't know.]

However, when performing a major upgrade of Windows (i.e. not the usual patches), I need to disable the SATA port that connects to DISK 1 (in BIOS) first and reboot.

After that the Windows SSD 'shifted' to DISK 0 and upgrade goes fine. After the upgrade I need to re-enable the SATA port again.
    I guess it has something to do with the disk numbering, where Windows wrongly expects the OS-drive to be DISK 0.

Anyway, I let it rest.
    Thanks!

(edit for clarification only)
    • Edited by Mike884 Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:10 AM
    Sunday, November 17, 2019 7:31 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your posting here and sharing the situation.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Monday, November 18, 2019 6:52 AM