none
Dxdiag (Network) DirectPlay8 registry errors

Question

•  

Is there a way to repair the DirectPlay8, because for some reason i get blue screens... ive checked my memory

changed the video card and formatted my hard drive and reinstalled XP sp2 then upgraded to sp3

it seems to occur when i installed Fallout 3 for PC

The BSoD has been seen in any game running Shader Model 3.0

such as

TrackMania United Forever

Fallout 3

and some older games using diffrent shader models such as

World of Warcraft Wrath of The Lich King

Please help...

here is the DX Diag results for network

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
      DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
          Display Tab 1: The file ati2dvag.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL).  You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
            Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
              Music Tab: No problems found.
              Input Tab: No problems found.
            Network Tab: The registry information for the service provider 'DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider' is missing or damaged.  You should reinstall DirectX. The registry information for the service provider 'DirectPlay8 IPX Service Provider' is missing or damaged.  You should reinstall DirectX. The registry information for the service provider 'DirectPlay8 Modem Service Provider' is missing or damaged.  You should reinstall DirectX. The registry information for the service provider 'DirectPlay8 Serial Service Provider' is missing or damaged.  You should reinstall DirectX. You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.

----------------------------
    DirectPlay Service Providers
    ----------------------------
    DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider - Registry: Error, File:  ()
    DirectPlay8 IPX Service Provider - Registry: Error, File:  ()
    DirectPlay8 Modem Service Provider - Registry: Error, File:  ()
    DirectPlay8 Serial Service Provider - Registry: Error, File:  ()
    Internet TCP/IP Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpwsockx.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
    IPX Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpwsockx.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
    Modem Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpmodemx.dll (5.03.2600.5512)
    Serial Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpmodemx.dll (5.03.2600.5512)

DirectPlay Voice Wizard Tests: Full Duplex: Not run, Half Duplex: Not run, Mic: Not run
    DirectPlay Test Result: Not run
    Registry: OK

Thursday, November 27, 2008 11:39 PM

All replies

• download the latest version of DirectX from microsoft site, you will be asked to send a sms msg to a number given, you will then recieve a code to proceed with download, total cost £4  this should solve all the issues with your Directplay8

Sunday, October 25, 2009 9:59 PM
  • Hi Foehammer115

Please do the following steps to fix the problem

1.Start - Run
    2.Write "dxdiag" and hit Ok.
    3.Click "Save all information" and save that file to where ever you want it.
    4.Open the file and copy-paste it in your thread - or upload the txt.
    If you are still facing problem then mail or chat at suzanee99@live.com
    so that i can do some advance troubleshooting

suzanee
    • Proposed as answer by Gary E Dime Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:10 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Gary E Dime Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:10 PM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 11:44 AM