none
Windows 7 explorer.exe Error "No such interface supported"

Question

• Hello, i have encountered a problem with the Windows 7 RC. I have instaled it a while back and it seemed to work ok.
    Yesterday I installed IE 7 Standalone . The newly instaled IE7 did't work so i uninstaled it.
    I think that the previous operation messes something up in the registry because now when i try to duble click any folder i get : explorer.exe "No such interface supported". The same thing happens when i try to open Control Panel, or Add Remove Programs and other System utilities (the title zone reads something like : "::{26EE0668-....}\0\::{...}")
    If i right click a folder and select open it works ok.
    I have sfc /scannow but with no success.
    Unfotunately i haven't made a system restore point previousely.

Is there any way i can fix the problem or must i reinstall?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 10:41 AM

Answers

• Sergiu,

Indeed, you're not supposed to install Internet Explorer 7 on Windows 7. Because the System File Checker didn't work, I'd recommend getting ahold of your install DVD once more and loading it up while the system is running to perform an "in-place upgrade." This is the same procedure normally used to upgrade from an existing Windows Vista installation, but works just fine from within Windows 7, and can restore broken system settings.
    -Alex
    • Marked as answer by ISergiu Tuesday, June 02, 2009 3:20 PM
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 12:46 PM

All replies

• Sergiu,

Indeed, you're not supposed to install Internet Explorer 7 on Windows 7. Because the System File Checker didn't work, I'd recommend getting ahold of your install DVD once more and loading it up while the system is running to perform an "in-place upgrade." This is the same procedure normally used to upgrade from an existing Windows Vista installation, but works just fine from within Windows 7, and can restore broken system settings.
    -Alex
    • Marked as answer by ISergiu Tuesday, June 02, 2009 3:20 PM
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 12:46 PM
  • Problem solved :)
    I did the in-place upgrade and things are back to normal now. Thank you very much !

The reason i initaly instaled IE7 is that i have problems installing a certificate for my online banking in IE8.

I guess it could be a problem whith the banks AD server that is issuing the certificates as their login system is a little bit strange because it only works in IE5+.

Anyway thank you again!
    • Edited by ISergiu Tuesday, June 02, 2009 3:19 PM
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:13 PM
  • I know that you've solved the problem now, however I myself found this site while googling for a solution to the same problem and I thought that it might be helpful to people who read it in future to post this link:
    http://www.joejoe.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=18364&st=20
    It helped me to solve the problem in less than 5 minutes (it seems that the right DLL's are (alphabetically) just in the beginning of C:\windows\ folder structure.
    Monday, August 24, 2009 12:46 PM
  • Thank you Krzysztof Witalewski , your solution solved my problem in minutes :)
    • Proposed as answer by FreemanAng Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:40 AM
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 6:22 PM
  • I can't do either.  I can't open my DVD drive because of the problem, and when I do the other one, and when I get to step 3 it says "access denied"

any thoughts??
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 4:46 PM
  • Hi, jrosenbomb, I think you got the error message "access denied" because you did not run the command prompt with administrator privileges. Maybe you can try right -clicking cmd, select Run As Administrator, and try step 3 again.

Hope this helps

-Freeman
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 5:49 PM
  • when i try to execute run it dont let me give me the same message no such interface supported
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:05 AM
  • Hi, imperable17, which step are you trying out currently?
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:07 AM
  • the page that you send

Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:28 AM
  • i update my laptop 64 bit to windows 7 and dont let me open anything it give me no such interface supported
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:30 AM
  • some times it dont put me the messege just send me where the program its located but neither let me open it
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:34 AM
  • Hi, imparable17,

I have made a batch file for you to execute the procedures mentioned in the guide that solves my problem

You can download the file here : http://cid-5786243909dd5ddd.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/ReRegisterDLL.bat

Do remember to right click and Run As Administrator

Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:43 AM
  • what do i do with the file?
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:45 AM
  • You will need to download the file, and thereafter, right click the downloaded file and select "Run as Administrator", and it will automate the steps for you.

When it opens up the notepad, please do remember to press Ctrl H, and type in the following :

Find what : C:\
    Replace with : C:\Windows\System\Regsvr32.exe /s C:\

Thereafter, save and close the notepad to continue.

Please do not close the command prompt window at any point of time
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:48 AM
  • i have the note pad open but i cant write in the cmd
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:52 AM
  • Do you mean the find and replace step?

For that step you are actually suppose to do it inside notepad, (Press Ctrl H on notepad), not actually with the command prompt
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:54 AM
  • i have the note pad i have to search ?
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:55 AM
  • you will need to press Ctrl key and the H key together at notepad, and you will then see a dialog box popup. Thereafter just fill in the following :

Replace with : C:\Windows\System\Regsvr32.exe /s C:\
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:57 AM
  • i do it and now the cmd its running
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:59 AM
  • This process may take quite a while, so please be patient with it. Meanwhile, some error dialog boxes will popup, just click on OK, and let it proceed

Let me know if it solves your problem

Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:01 AM
  • okey thanks i tell you when it end
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:03 AM
  • it tell me some file that cant open the optio to search the internet or cancel
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:22 AM
  • internet dont tell me nothing

Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:24 AM
  • just click canel

Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:27 AM
  • it finish but its the same
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:30 AM
  • im doing it again because i dont know if do a mistake and i dont put replace all the first time just replace
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:33 AM
  • it finish but nothing happens just the same
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:34 AM
  • Hi, imparable17,

I have made some changes to the batch file, you can redownload it here again :  http://cid-5786243909dd5ddd.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/ReRegisterDLL.bat

hope this help

Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:35 AM
  • its system or system32??
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:37 AM
  • that what i was saying okey i tell you when it finish

Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:38 AM
  • Apparently I am running Windows 7 Professional, and System works fine for me. However, as the file regsvr32.exe is originally from  System32, allow me to make some changes to the batch file, will reupload it in a moment
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:39 AM
  • Its updated
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:40 AM
  • Try out the new batch file, but this time try this replace option :

Replace with : C:\Windows\System32\Regsvr32.exe /s C:\

Hope this helps
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:44 AM
  • i am runing windows 7 home premium
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:44 AM
  • this time it doesnt let me open it

Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:45 AM
  • okey i open it now i had to change the name
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:46 AM
  • Was there any error message such as "Windows can`t open this file" this time round?
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:51 AM
  • it tell me DEV_2bfa is not recognized as an internal or esternal command operable program or batch file
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:51 AM
  • right now give me a error C:\Windows\Syswow64\regsrv32.exe
    runtime error
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:53 AM
  • Hm..ok, do you mind copying the first few lines of text from the file "regdll.bat" from your C:\ drive and pasting it here?

This would help us to better see the problem

Simply you will just need to open up command prompt, and type notepad C:\regdll.bat
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:54 AM
  • For the runtime error, I am thinking that you can ignore it (as I did so and it works for me)

Anyone else have advice on this?
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:55 AM
  • C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\SpeechEngines\Microsoft\TTS20\MSTTSCommon.dll
    C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\SpeechEngines\Microsoft\TTS20\MSTTSEngine.dll
    C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msdaosp.dll
    C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msdaps.dll
    C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msdasql.dll
    C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msdasqlr.dll
    C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msdatl3.dll
    C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msxactps.dll
    C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32.dll
    C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32r.dll
    C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\sqloledb.dll
    C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\sqlxmlx.dll

this?
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 5:57 AM
  • Yep, thats before the find and replace procedure  I guess. After you replace it should be something like :

C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\SpeechEngines\Microsoft\TTS20\MSTTSCommon.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\SpeechEngines\Microsoft\TTS20\MSTTSEngine.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msdaosp.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msdaps.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msdasql.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msdasqlr.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msdatl3.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msxactps.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32r.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\sqloledb.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\$INPLACE.~TR\Machine\DATA\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\sqlxmlx.dll

Is that what you see also after the replacement?

Sunday, November 08, 2009 6:00 AM
  • the last i see was what i send you when i open de cmd
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 6:02 AM
  • when i put replace all i close that?
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 6:03 AM
  • Right after you press "Replace all", yes

Sunday, November 08, 2009 6:04 AM
  • some files say not found other say succed mos not found
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 6:08 AM
  • But eventually the problem is not solved?
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 6:10 AM
  • its still getting me those massges to click ok
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 6:12 AM
  • That's normal for the current step, so no worries

If the error "No such interface supported" still appears, do inform us

Sunday, November 08, 2009 6:14 AM
  • its not working man its no other way? i havent make a backup
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 6:18 AM
  • Hm..well my sincere apologies I didn`t manage to solve your problem

Let's hope someone will reply to this thread, or alternatively, you may want to copy over the title "No such Interface supported" and create a new thread at Windows 7 forum, since this thread already has a solution, the probability of receiving a reply is of much lower chance compared to posting it as a new thread.

You may proceed to this link to post : http://windows7forums.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=42

Do mention the solutions you have tried

Hope this helps
    Sunday, November 08, 2009 6:29 AM
  • goolem said:
    This commandline does the same without manual edit files. 
    FOR /R C:\ %G IN (*.dll) DO "%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe" /s "%G"

It works!
    • Proposed as answer by Nicky777 Friday, September 14, 2012 7:14 AM
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:39 PM
  • Hello all,

I had the same problem this week on Windows 7 after a solid three months with no issues; however, the steps listed here and on other websites had no effect on my problem.

I could use my domain account ok but my local account was throwing errors all over the place.

To solve this, I ended up logging in to my local account and heading to the registry, where I gave myself permissions on the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT tree.  I gave my local user account Full Control permissions and everything started working again immediately without a reboot.  I don't know what could have caused this - a recent Windows Update maybe?

Here's what I did:
    • Click Start > Run (or Windows key and 'R')
    • Type 'regedit' without quotes and hit <RETURN>
    • Right-click HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and apply Full Control to user account

DISCLAIMER:  Be very careful when editing any registry settings.  It is worth noting that I do not know whether this fix is a good idea in general.  For all I know this solution may cause issues with other areas of the operating system that I am currently unaware of, however this is the only solution aside from reinstalling Windows 7 that has worked for me in this particular case.  I would appreciate any advice as to whether others believe this solution is a safe one.  Thanks!
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 9:17 AM
  • This worked perfect for as well....thank you so much!!
    Friday, February 12, 2010 4:43 PM
  • I have (had) the same problem with explorer.exe
    I have fixed it by registering dll`s. However, you should not point "dir *.dll" within c:\ drive. Do it within c:\windows (%systemroot%) folder.
    After re-registering all dll`s all problem was solved and there is no need to touch registry or upgrade installation.
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 8:08 PM
  • Thanks for sharing :)
    Wednesday, March 03, 2010 4:08 AM
  • It worked for me!!  thanks.

I try to install a ie 7 portable version, and my dlls gone wrong!!

thanks you.

Saturday, April 17, 2010 8:37 PM
  • I have gone through all steps given on website http://www.joejoe.org/forum/topic/18364-no-such-interface-supported-error/page__st__20 , but still having same problem. Am unable to open Folders, i can open them by right click\open, but unable to open by double-click and also unable to open control panel.......... Plz help me out. Am using windows 7 professional.
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:50 PM
  •  c:\windows(% systemroot%).......... What does (%systemroot%) mean here?
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 1:00 PM
  • Hooooooooooooooooo........ It worked for me. Thanks buddy for posting this...........

It took me 15-20 mins... and finally worked.  I got so many errors and warnings but i cleared all by simply clicking Ok..........

Thanks again.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 1:35 PM
  • Wanted to let you know I came across this series of posts a month or two ago and decided to play with the batch file you came up with. After looking at it I decided to see if I could automate it more and eliminate some of the DLLs it processed since they were not necessary. Works very well with Windows 7 Pro X86, did not try X64.

This is what I came up with.

ReRegisterDLL.bat is a batch file for re-registering system DLLs in Windows 7
    using the regsvr32.exe command.

Originaly written by FreemanAng and posted here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/99e4ab4f-165d-4691-90dd-ab41a05d26a2

Re-written by Ztruker to only process system DLLs and avoid DLLs in
       \Windows\assembly
       \Windows\Downloaded Program Files
       \Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$
       \Windows\System32\DriverStore
       \Windows\winsxs"

Removed need to edit the generated list of DLLs.
    Replaced with FOR loop suggested by Appleoddity.

This process may take several minutes, be patient.
    Notepad will open when the DLL name collection is done.
    Review the list if you want then close Notepad when ready to continue.

You will be given the chance to terminate the process if you do not want to continue
    by pressing Ctrl+c then entering y to terminate the batch process.

You will see the name of each DLL as it's being re-registered.

You can also tell ReRegisterDLL.bat to use an existing file which contains
    a list of DLLs to register. This can be handy when someone else is providing
    the list of DLLs or if you have run this before and edited the file to remove
    any you don't want processed.

To do this, simply start ReRegisterDLL.bat and give it the filename.ext of
    the existing file. If the file is not in the same directory as ReRegisterDLL.bat
    then you must give it the fully qualified path of the file.

I have the updated batch file and the .txt file in a zip file available here:  Re-register system DLLs in Windows 7 , Windows 7 Made Easy

I tested it running Win 7 Pro X86 in a Sun Virtualbox client under Win 7 Pro X64.

Rich Why can't I be different and original like everybody else? - Vivian Stanshal
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 1:13 AM
  • Hey, I had a similar problem to you guys with that nasty IE7 - W7 trap.

I wanted IE7 due to compatibility checks with website designing etc.

I was glad to finally work it out. Just now (15/10/2010) I decided to try out System Restore to see what it could do... and it worked. No need for editing the registry or the dll's. I never touched them.

Start>Search: System Restore> Set the date you want to go back to (I did 2 weeks ago). > Let System Restore do it's thing.

When the OS is in the kind of 'Shutting down screen' it will obviously state instead on what it's doing, like configuring files etc. I noticed in the lines of Configuring/Restoring Registry or something like that. I then realised that this may have worked.

When the System Restore was completed I went to click on 'Computer' and 'My Documents' and they were working again 100% and the 'No Such Interface Supported' disappeared. 

I hope this could help anyone in the future. Be warned, do not install IE7/IE7 Portable to Windows 7.

Lee C.

• Proposed as answer by mrbhutto Friday, January 14, 2011 4:36 AM
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:38 AM
  • Hello, i have encountered a problem with the Windows 7 RC. I have instaled it a while back and it seemed to work ok.
    Yesterday I installed IE 7 Standalone . The newly instaled IE7 did't work so i uninstaled it.
    I think that the previous operation messes something up in the registry because now when i try to duble click any folder i get : explorer.exe "No such interface supported". The same thing happens when i try to open Control Panel, or Add Remove Programs and other System utilities (the title zone reads something like : "::{26EE0668-....}\0\::{...}")
    If i right click a folder and select open it works ok.
    I have sfc /scannow but with no success.
    Unfotunately i haven't made a system restore point previousely.

Is there any way i can fix the problem or must i reinstall?

Thanks.

Friday, January 14, 2011 4:36 AM
  • Thank you Krzysztof Witalewski, your solution solved my problem in minutes :)

====

Ditto !! :-)

Thanks a lot, brilliant indeed, just a pointer that in Windows 7 its normally C:\Windows and not C:\WINNT, but I replaced C:\WINNT with C:\Windows

Regards.

Monday, February 21, 2011 9:24 PM
  • HELP!! I half solved the same problem by re-register the dll.

When it finish, the pc is Ok, and this problem dissapear. But when I restart it, windows does not start. Saying in other words, Windows start, but the screen is all black.

Please, help me.

Thanks

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 7:22 PM
  • Thanks for the link Krzysztof,   Managed to fix my problem.  I did amend the fix slightly for my use.  I didn't have to specify the full path for Regsvr32.exe. 

Also worth mentioning if you hold your own software store locally it's worth removing that vast list of .dll's from the batch file you create!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:50 PM
  • Thank you for this solution.. I can say it solved my problem.. Thanks a lot.. you saved my a** bro..
    Wednesday, July 06, 2011 3:05 PM
  • i found this site wile googling for the same problem no such interface support i did step by step and it work thank you so so much it fix my problem carefully doit  step by step and it work recommended
    Sunday, August 07, 2011 6:34 AM
  • Problem: Error message "No such interface supported" prompt out when open file, IE cannot open new tab.

Cause by: Running IE7 standalone.exe in Windows 7

Solution: Enter the line -->(
    FOR /R C:\ %G IN (*.dll) DO "%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe" /s "%G") in command prompt without ( ). And let it run, ignore all errors. It may takes some times.

Thanks to everyone who contributed in this thread. I do not required to reinstall/upgrade my PC. 

Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:52 AM
    1. Abrir la ventana de comandos como administrador (Inicio–> Todos los programas –> Accesorios –> Símbolo del sistema botón derecho del ratón “Ejecutar como administrador”).
    2. Escribir
      cd C:\WINDOWS
    3. Escribir
      dir *.dll /s/b > regdll.bat
      con esto creamos un fichero llamado regdll.bat que contiene la lista de dlls existentes en C:\WINDOWS
    4. Escribir
      notepad regdll.bat
      esto abrirá el fichero regdll.bat con el notepad.
    5. Necesitamos ejecutar el fichero regdll.bat pero antes debemos realizar algunos cambios. Buscamos C:\ y lo reemplazamos por Regsvr32.exe /s C:\
      Fichero de dlls
    6. Buscar $patchcache$ WinSXS y borrar todas las líneas que contengan estas cadenas. Guardamos el fichero regdll.bat. Este paso no es imprescindible pero ahorrará tiempo a la hora de ejecutar el regdll.bat
    7. Escribir regdll.bat Ejecutamos el fichero simplemente escribiendo esto en la línea de comandos. La operación durará un rato y el registro de dlls puede dar algún error, pero simplemente le daremos al botón aceptar. Y et voilà nuestro problema se ha solucionado y ya podemos acceder al explorador del windows:-)
    Friday, October 07, 2011 8:20 PM
  • Hi, 

I have with great interest read about the ReRegisterDLL.bat by Ztruker, I am in the situation that I need to manually reinstall some system DLLs in the Windows 7 Ultimate x64 because they are corrupt, in my case the NlsLexicons0816.dll got filesize = 0, what's wrong with the others I do not know.

The files are:

2009-07-14  02:08         4 093 440 NlsLexicons004c.dll
    2009-07-14  02:08         1 972 736 NlsLexicons004e.dll
    2009-07-14  02:08         5 031 936 NlsLexicons0816.dll
    (version from Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, should be equivalent to the x64 version).

If these files are corrupt, a restore action should occur when running the SFC /SCANNOW command, the restore is done from a store in the system.
    In my case I have upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium x64 to Windows 7 Ultimate via the Microsoft Anytime Upgrade online over the Internet and therefore I don't have any installation DVD. The original source was delivered with computer without system reset DVDs, only a hidden System Restore partition is available and these files seem to be corrupt therein - even in store - otherwise the SFC /SCANNOW should have been capable to correct this matter. But they are said to be corrupt even in store and therefore they cannot be repaired.

It should be possible to use a regular Windows 7 Ultimate x64 DVD for update in place, but I have only us-en DVDs and the process fails due to language restrictions. I may belive that this failure depends on the fact that the original Windows 7 Home Premium is a nordic one, not us-en.

So the problem is how to replace the files in store to have the SFC /SCANNOW to properly replace the corrupt files with the correct ones. This is because all tools should work properly, to replace these files inplace and reregister them (if required) would be a workaround, which probably helps for the moment but not being a resident fix granted to be working in the future.

Hopefully, someone can help me!

Kind regards,
    Axel 

• Edited by Axel Skough Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:55 AM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:54 AM
  • I'd same problem;

This command line fixed mine 

during procces(10min for me) will be displayed many errors(), just click ok or close

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:37 AM

• Thank you. This worked for me. Can you explain what this script is doing actually? Also i got an error at the end "Why are you trying to register the cryptlib DLL?It's just a standard Windows DLL, there's nothing to be registered. ESO Error"

• Edited by siBzz Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:45 AM
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:42 AM
  • This procedure seems to have solved my problems. The only thing that I should mention is that it took at least a couple of hours and I had to acknowledge a lot of error messages and cancel quite a few requests to send error reports over the internet.

Thanks!

Monday, December 10, 2012 2:28 PM
  • goolem said:
    This commandline does the same without manual edit files. 

excellent thank you, and so you guys know this problem was caused by a few extremely bad trojan viruses . Sirefef.a ,b  etc Medfos.a and a few others .thank you guys for all the  help..

• Edited by MENTAL_TNL Friday, December 28, 2012 9:30 PM
    Friday, December 28, 2012 9:29 PM
  • Hi I was searching for a solution to a same issue that a customer had and was able to resolve it going through this forum, however I used a different batch file that i created and was able to resolve it.

cd /d %SystemRoot%\system32

regsvr32 comcat.dll /s

regsvr32 shdoc401.dll /s

regsvr32 shdoc401.dll /i /s

regsvr32 asctrls.ocx /s

regsvr32 oleaut32.dll /s

regsvr32 shdocvw.dll /I /s

regsvr32 shdocvw.dll /s

regsvr32 browseui.dll /s

regsvr32 browseui.dll /I /s

regsvr32 msrating.dll /s

regsvr32 mlang.dll /s

regsvr32 hlink.dll /s

regsvr32 mshtml.dll /I /S

regsvr32 mshtmled.dll /s

regsvr32 Wininet.dll /I /S

regsvr32 msjava.dll /S

regsvr32 urlmon.dll /s

regsvr32 softpub.dll /S

regsvr32 wintrust.dll /s

regsvr32 initpki.dll /s

regsvr32 Dssenh.dll /s

regsvr32 rsaenh.dll /s

regsvr32 Gpkcsp.dll /s

regsvr32 sccbase.dll /s

regsvr32 Slbcsp.dll /s

regsvr32 plugin.ocx /s

regsvr32 sendmail.dll /s

regsvr32 scrobj.dll /s

regsvr32 mmefxe.ocx /s

regsvr32 corpol.dll /s

regsvr32 jscript.dll /s

regsvr32 msxml.dll /s

regsvr32 msxml3.dll /s

regsvr32 mssip32.dll /s

regsvr32 imgutil.dll /s

regsvr32 thumbvw.dll /s

regsvr32 cryptext.dll /s

regsvr32 rsabase.dll /s

regsvr32 inseng.dll /s

regsvr32 iesetup.dll /i /s

regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll /s

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll /s

regsvr32 dispex.dll /s

regsvr32 occache.dll /s

regsvr32 occache.dll /i /s

regsvr32 iepeers.dll /s

regsvr32 urlmon.dll /i /s

regsvr32 cdfview.dll /s

regsvr32 webcheck.dll /s

regsvr32 mobsync.dll /s

regsvr32 pngfilt.dll /s

regsvr32 licmgr10.dll /s

regsvr32 icmfilter.dll /s

regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx /s

regsvr32 inetcfg.dll /s

regsvr32 tdc.ocx /s

regsvr32 MSR2C.DLL /s

regsvr32 msident.dll /s

regsvr32 msieftp.dll /s

regsvr32 xmsconf.ocx /s

regsvr32 ils.dll /s

regsvr32 msoeacct.dll /s

regsvr32 inetcomm.dll /s

regsvr32 msdxm.ocx /s

regsvr32 dxmasf.dll /s

regsvr32 l3codecx.ax /s

regsvr32 acelpdec.ax /s

regsvr32 mpg4ds32.ax /s

regsvr32 voxmsdec.ax /s

regsvr32 danim.dll /s

regsvr32 Daxctle.ocx /s

regsvr32 lmrt.dll /s

regsvr32 datime.dll /s

regsvr32 dxtrans.dll /s

regsvr32 dxtmsft.dll /s

regsvr32 WEBPOST.DLL /s

regsvr32 WPWIZDLL.DLL /s

regsvr32 POSTWPP.DLL /s

regsvr32 CRSWPP.DLL /s

regsvr32 FTPWPP.DLL /s

regsvr32 FPWPP.DLL /s

regsvr32 WUAPI.DLL /s

regsvr32 WUAUENG.DLL /s

regsvr32 ATL.DLL /s

regsvr32 WUCLTUI.DLL /s

regsvr32 WUPS.DLL /s

regsvr32 WUWEB.DLL /s

regsvr32 wshom.ocx /s

regsvr32 wshext.dll /s

regsvr32 vbscript.dll /s

regsvr32 scrrun.dll mstinit.exe /setup /s

regsvr32 msnsspc.dll /SspcCreateSspiReg /s

regsvr32 msapsspc.dll /SspcCreateSspiReg /s

exit

Copy the files above to a notepad and save it as reg.bat onto the desktop and run it.

the issue will get fixed in 3 mins at the most.

• Proposed as answer by v-6josso Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:18 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:14 AM

• Thanks FreemanAng for the batch. Together with the "registry trick" adviced by roundrobin12 and SHexView (disabling all third party addons = all other than MS, adviced on another forum) downloaded from nirsoft www_nirsoft_net/utils/shexview.html (please replace _ with dots) helped. Though I don't really know which one has really helped, didn't have time to try, problem occured on my HelpDesk PC (Dell, Win 7 32bit) - need to work, not to try and with all AD components and such installed, complete reinstall wasn't an option :).

So thank you all guys and hope shexview can help all those who had no success with batch or registry.

Monday, May 20, 2013 11:09 AM
  • Thanks For The Help..

This Commnad works for me FOR /R C:\ %G IN (*.dll) DO "%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe" /s "%G"

THANKS AGAIN!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:31 PM
  • its work Thank you
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:33 AM