none
Q45 easy display manager

General discussion

• Hello,

"Easy Display Manager" does not work correctly on my Samsung q45 notebook (win7 64b/32b). It's not possibble to change the brightness.

pls help
    Monday, May 11, 2009 11:52 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Regarding the issue, I suspect that the Easy Display Manager on the computer is not compatible Windows 7. After searching, I cannot find the version of Easy Display Manage which supports Windows 7.

To check if there is a version which is for Windows 7, you may contact Samsung Support.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

As I know, some laptops have shortcut keys to adjust their volume, brightness, etc. Therefore, if your computer has this kind of keys, please also try it.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:08 AM
  • Hello,

thx for your reply, but after a lot of seraching online, i found a solution. It is possible to run EDM on Samsung Q45.
    All you need are the right driver for your graphicsdevice (intel x3100) and the right version of EDM.

here the version for graphicsdevice you need:
    Intel VGA_v7.14.10.1409_Vista_SP1

and Easy_Display_Manager__2.2.10.1 (software of Samsung Q210)

:)

PS: Sry for my bad english ^.^

Good Luck all out there!
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:16 PM
  • Hi

How did you get the "Intel VGA_v7.14.10.1409_Vista_SP1" to work on Windows 7? When I try to run it an error saying "This operating system is not supported. Setup will exit."
    I've installed the EDM fine tho.

Thanks
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 11:15 AM
  • Hey Clarey,

Before installing the replacement driver go to the unzipped folder (intel VGA ....). In the properties of setup.exe set the compatability mode to Windows Vista SP1 . This will allow the driver install (after a warning about it being an earlier version). It works fine for me now.

Many thanks, js25
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:18 AM
  • So far so good - but how do you stop Windows automatically re-installing the later driver every time you re-boot?

Thanks, Pete

Saturday, April 23, 2011 5:33 AM
  • Hey Laser,

I had this problem as well and the use of the old driver worked for me. To stop the updating to the new driver - Switch off Auto Update in the control plan. The check for new updates. Whnen you see the gfx chip update make sure to deselect it. You can then right click and select Hide Update. This update wont be installed.

You can switch back on Auto Update (but I recommend having it so it only installs update that you approve).

There is also another work around here:

http://www.sammynetbook.com/forum/threads/10914-Easy-Display-Manager-and-Windows-7-RC

It works for me - just end the hkdmcore process and then restart the Easy Display Program in your start menu.

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 10:42 PM