none
Modifying BCD store for x86x64 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have been modifying the bcd store to try and eek some more performance out of our network and seem to have hit a hurdle.

I am trying to modify the x86x64 default.bcd as apparantly this is the one that gets downloaded when deploying via the network onto x64 ? (according to some ms article i read) but when i edit it and increase the tftpblock size to 8192 i get an error on each machine stating the device is unavailable after pusing F12 to pxe boot.

The main reason I am wanting to tweak things is that the process of loading winpe is quite slow when we have a few machines deploying even with multicast - although I am  not sure if thats working according to plan as the clients drop off the wds front end after a few seconds (i guess after the end of copying files phase?) so that may be normal. But the loaing bar stage is quite annoying as we have around 10 machines on and its taking 3 - 5 mins to get to the stage of even loading the winpe properly.

Has anyone else experienced something similar and if so how did you overcome it,

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ed
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:47 AM

Answers