How can I fix a problem that I guess that has to do with DirectX? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I'm currently having an issue while attempting to play Arma 3. Everytime I join a lobby/session in Arma3, I can play about 5, 10, 15 or 20 minutes, but no longer because at a moment, my screen freezes if I am playing it in Fullscreen, but if I'm playing in Windowed Mode, I get this error message saying "DX11 error : buffer Map failed : DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED", and with that happening, I am not able to play. I have posted about this issue on Arma 3 Forums, etc.. And I got alot of different answers so I will list them and ask which one should I do and if there are more solutions, I'd like to know.

- Disable Windows Aero when playing Arma 3.

- Uninstall and Install DirectX to update.

- Reinstall Arma 3.

- My clock might be overclocked. (I don't know how that would bug a game).

Thank you for taking a look at my thread. I hope you can be able to help me out!

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

1. Are you using the latest drivers on your displaycard / latest DirectX -version?
    2. Have you run Dxdiag.exe and checked there are no erros to be found there?
    3. Have you changed your display settings (ingame and also in windows level)? You should check if the error still happens if you lower your graphics settings.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:23 AM
  • Yes, I've done that all.

On the Arma 3 Forums, I just got a response saying that Disabling his Windows Aero worked. The problem is I don't know how to Disable it. Can anybody help me out on how to Disable Windows Aero?

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 12:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:34 AM
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:24 AM