none
Windows 7 System Errors,Warnings and Critical Event Logs

Question

• Explorer crashed a few times yesterday, which made me look into the evnt log under Applications and system to discover many warning and erros listed. The party date is fast approaching and I don't want anything to go wrong with my presentation, so I was wondering if there is a place to send these event logs to, so that they might be reviewed and possibly let me know if there is anything I need to take care of on this end. I appreciate any and all help regarding this matter.
    Respectfully
    Ernest Martin
    EMAIL GONE
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 12:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Ernest,

Are you experiencing any problems, or just encountering log messages you're concerned about?  Can you post the details of some of the messages?
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 2:32 AM
  • When I first noticed a problem, I had inserted a cd into the DVD/CD player, opened it and then tried to select all and then copy those files to the computer. It froze up and became Windows Explore became unresponsive, and would not allow any input from the start menu to restart so I had to hard stop the computer, which I hate doing, and then turn it on again, this happened a couple of times, then deciding to try another cd again, everything worked fine select all and copy. So I can't tell you why it happened only that it did. I made a copy of all event warnings, errors and critical alerts in both application event log and system event log. The application side had over 100 and almost as many in the system events. Wasn't sure if these type of events were automatically sent to Microsoft or it something I needed to do to send it in for reveiw? Appreciate your response regarding this matter. The operation in the beginning of this message is what promted me to check event logs, was surprised to find so many listed that I thought I better inquire.
    Respectfully
    Ernest Martin
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 4:17 PM
  • Does Explorer regularly crash, or did only happen a few times yesterday?  Any recent changes to software (new software installed, uninstall of software, or update of software)?

Regarding the disc - it sounds like the drive may have been having a difficult time reading the media, especially if it was able to read another piece of media with no problems...  Perhaps the media was simply bad?
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 8:03 PM
  • Hello
    I have come to the same conclusion, that for what ever reason it had trouble with that disc and since it hasn't repeated that crash I consider the matter closed.
    I was  concerned with all the system and application event log warnings, errors and such, wasn't sure if I was suppose to report them by sending then into tech support.
    Didn't know if it had a built in monitoring system that Microsoft had staff overseeing these event logs.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Ernest Martin
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:02 PM
  • The events are not reported or submitted to Microsoft.  In case you're concerned about the events, please post some details about them.
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:23 PM