none
No Video Capture Hardware RRS feed

• Question

• NEC Versa P9110 preinstalled with Windows Vista Home Premium and BisonCap Directshow Video Capture Tool Version 1.25

It used to work and now it doesn't, all i get is the 'sorry you have no video capture hardware' message.
    i have tried to uninstall and reinstall several times - nothing happens
    also i have tried to upgrade drivers - but can't even find them through device manager.

I notice that there are several forums and threads that deal with this but i have not been able to fix the problem.

NEC support just wrote to say 'activate it' - like i hadn't done that a thousand times!!

Can someone please offer some help? Thanks

Monday, March 2, 2009 8:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

Regarding the message “sorry you have no video capture hardware”, it means that the BisonCap Directshow Video Capture Tool could not find the video capture hardware.

Please try the following to narrow down the issue:

If the device is a connected with the computer via USB, please check the connection or plug it to another port to see if it works. If the device is a built-in one, please just skip this step.

Please go to Device Manager to check if the video capture hardware exists. If so, please remove and reinstall its driver:

Check the device driver

==============

1) Click Start, right click Computer and choose Properties.

2) Click Device Manager.

3) Navigate to the video capture hardware.

4) Right click on it and choose “Uninstall”, click OK and reboot the computer.

5) After the computer restarts, please install the driver again to see if it works.

If there is a new version of driver released, please try it. (If you want, please let us know the brand and model of the video capture hardware and we will help you find the driver in its manufacture’s site.)

Please also try to remove and reinstall the BisonCap Directshow Video Capture Tool to see if it works. (Please try to upgrade the tool as well, if the update is possible.)

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 10:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

Regarding the message “sorry you have no video capture hardware”, it means that the BisonCap Directshow Video Capture Tool could not find the video capture hardware.

Please try the following to narrow down the issue:

If the device is a connected with the computer via USB, please check the connection or plug it to another port to see if it works. If the device is a built-in one, please just skip this step.

Please go to Device Manager to check if the video capture hardware exists. If so, please remove and reinstall its driver:

Check the device driver

==============

1) Click Start, right click Computer and choose Properties.

2) Click Device Manager.

3) Navigate to the video capture hardware.

4) Right click on it and choose “Uninstall”, click OK and reboot the computer.

5) After the computer restarts, please install the driver again to see if it works.

If there is a new version of driver released, please try it. (If you want, please let us know the brand and model of the video capture hardware and we will help you find the driver in its manufacture’s site.)

Please also try to remove and reinstall the BisonCap Directshow Video Capture Tool to see if it works. (Please try to upgrade the tool as well, if the update is possible.)

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 10:32 AM
  • Nicholas Li,

Thanks for your reply. I have previously gone to device manager, however it is not showing up there at all. (even after trying to activate)

Also, when i have tried to download and intall new drivers, on unpacking it tells me that it cannot create output file.

NEC have now said that they wont help as i am outside my warranty (couple of months).

Any other ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 1:57 AM

• Hi,

Thank you for updating.

Since the hardware cannot be found in Device Manager, this should be a hardware issue and it is recommended that you contact the computer manufacturer (some computer manufacturers provide free support for two years, please check with them for their warranty details) or a local repair shop. This is a efficient way to troubleshoot hardware-related issues.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Monday, March 9, 2009 2:42 AM
  • Hi All,

Usually Video capture device means a TV Tuner card... What is your system's model number and OS...??

Regards
    Vejay Sarathy S

Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:20 PM
  • hi friends.,
    today i bought a web cam and installed its software too, but its not working..
    it says, "No video capture hardware found"

can somebody help me please.......
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 3:10 PM
  • Install the driver... not just the software

Regards
    Vejay
    Friday, July 17, 2009 5:22 PM