none
ACPI/ATK0110

Question

• I had this Problem eventhought that I Don't have the blue color screm, my problem is

Description

Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is ACPI\ATK0110.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound

Architecture: x64

Hardware Id: ACPI\ATK0110

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 3429307

Monday, January 07, 2008 2:45 PM

All replies

• It seems that you have asus motherboard in you system, ATK 0110 is virtual device that can be a gate to collect information about mobo's work for Asus AiBooster utility. Try support.asus.com website. Choose your motherboard and download proper driver. But you can also use Windows Update. It will automatically find driver for this device (don't know for x64, I have x86 and everything work fine with WU and manual download/install both)
    Saturday, January 12, 2008 9:43 PM
  • I have the same issue, and the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel even tells me to go to Windows Update and get the driver.  But, when I launch Windows Update, it does not find anything for me to install.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,

Andy

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 4:22 AM
  •  

yeh, the same issue... Asus P5B, everyone who have this motherboard have this issue (doesn't matter if is Deluxe or other id product)... but: i never installed this driver, why? because my computer works very fast without it...

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:37 AM
  • This is my problem:

Its like yours. What I'm doing is downloading
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/driver/download_3138629.html the driver for vista x64 manually! When it's done i'll tell u guys if it worked.

Description

Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is ACPI\ATK0110.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound

Architecture: x64

Hardware Id: ACPI\ATK0110

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 3082

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 3429307

Sunday, September 07, 2008 12:43 PM
  • Install the ACPI driver utility. My board based on the AMD 690G ( Asus M2A-VM ) uses the driver from ASUS Cool n Quite. The ACPI drivers are contained in this package.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ASUS_CoolnQuiet_V21706.zip

TTA
    Saturday, November 29, 2008 6:13 PM
  • http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
    Tuesday, July 07, 2009 10:38 PM
  • not sure if this was already fixed as this answer is to an old post??

Andrew, i'm usin XP x64 me self. i had this problem last week 2.
    after the update driver from windows update didn't work. i just inserted the original DVD of the ASUS motherboard. then the system kinda automaticaly installed the ACPI\ATK0110 drivers. all the other drivers for the motherboard i downloaded from the asus support site. it seems to be a bug, but i'm not sure from who (nvidia or asus).

anyway, try this and i hope it works for you as it worked for me.
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 6:35 PM
  • Just wanted to add more information, if you are getting random system freezes and/or 0xA bluescreens, it could be because of this ancient-code driver Windows Update installs for Win7x64 on many asus motherboards.  It's not necessary at all (if you do not use any software from asus) and you can disable the ATK0110 device in Device Manager (and hide the entry at Windows Update) and compute/live happier. :)
    Sunday, April 04, 2010 4:49 AM
  • Glad it's not just Me-e-e-e (same problem). Bleh.
    Tuesday, July 06, 2010 4:03 AM
  • I was also having "Blue Screens" related to ACPI\ATK0110. On one ocassion I even opted to re-install windows until I realized this was the problem.

Friday, February 04, 2011 2:42 PM
  • I was seeing the same symptom as the very first post.  However, I was also experiencing a fairly persistent system hang whenever I tried to copy a file to or from a network share, or when sharing a folder and reading or writing to it from another computer.  In fact the other computer could simply be a virtual machine running on this same computer.

I didn't draw the connection until I read someones post here that they were seeing intermittent hangs and crashes.

To fix his issue on my box (Win2008 Svr R2), I found the CD that came with the motherboard (asus PK5 Green).  The windows updates did not find one (or had replaced it some time prior).  Popped the cd in, clicked the update driver button and pointed it to the cd drive.  It installed without a problem, and I haven't experienced the now for several hours (I could make it happen very consistently before).

Hope this helps someone.

Les Potter, Xalnix Corporation, Yet Another C# Blog
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:01 AM
  • I had this same error.  I had not ever noticed this before yesterday's re-install of Windows 7 64-bit.  I had been having severe system hangs every time I'd performed Windows Updates.  I hope this solves that problem. 

To fix this, I first tried to use my original M2A-VM driver installation CD that came with my MOBO when purchased new in 2008, but Windows 7 spit out the set up program and said that it was not for this OS.  (I think I somehow had been using the drivers from that CD before today, which may account for my system hangs).  I then went to the AsusTek downloads page and downloaded the Beta drivers for the M2A-VM chipset.  Under the chipset tab you find three files that you can download.  When I downloaded them they were labeled Beta.   I used the "Global" links to download all three files.  The one that fixed this was titled MB-WIN7_ATK.  I downloaded this file and created its own folder for it, and then I traversed thru the file by double clicking on the unzipped file until I got to the level for 64-bit that had a file named AsAcpiIns, which is an application.  I double clicked on that file, and it let me extract the files from the zip file into the folder.  Once I was able to traverse the unzipped files and come into a .SYS file I knew that I was in business.  I used the update driver option for the unknown device, and it successfully installed from the directory containing the unzipped driver and information.. 

After installing the driver and then rebooting, I checked my devices, and the unknown device no longer appeared, but the device ATK0110 ACPI Utility appeared under my System Devices and was highlighted.  When I checked, everything was working normally for the new entry.  I certainly hopes this solves my hanging problem.  Now I can do my backup and move forward with Windows Updates, which before today, have left me hanging at every turn.   Keeping my fingers crossed!

Friday, June 01, 2012 7:54 AM
  • ACPI stands for: Advanced Configuration and Power Interface.  Was looking at this myself as I had to install a new hard drive and it has been a while.  :-(  I have a "Power Pack" because we loose our electricity in storms and when days are really hot and too much pull from all the air conditioners on the electricity power grid.  I installed the power pack from the CD which I had not done yet and that is what the ACPI was.  :-)
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 2:28 PM