none
bitlocker RRS feed

• Question

• This driving me crazy. I set my computer with a microsoft account (windows 10 was already installed), the i wanted to delete an app and i am not the admin of the computer it asks me for a password and email, i tried all emails and password i have including my outlook account but none of them worked so i said better i just reset the system and so i did through change advanced start up option and selecting recovery system to a previous version, but when the system restarted it asked me for bitlocker privite key but i do not have it and if i click into continue it brings me back to the recovery page and the laptop is now on a loop and i cannot restart it normally. Do you know if there is an online way to get the bitlocker key or to bypass it? It is a brand new computer i used 2 hours in total
    Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:24 PM

All replies

• If you are not the admin of this PC, you cannot use it normally, most of functions will be limited.

Now, you need to contact the admin of this computer for BitLocker password and admin account credential, otherwise you cannot access to it except format disk and clean install.

Only if you personally enabled BitLocker for this computer, there is no way to get the BitLocker password or recovery key.

Regards

"Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, June 25, 2020 2:09 AM