none
upgrade from 10 home to 10 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I have a computer that had 10 Home on it. I purchased 10 Pro from the Microsoft store and the upgrade went sideways. so I tried to do a complete re-install of 10 pro. It would not let me do it direct to 10 pro. I had to re-install 10 home and then back to the store and then upgrade to 10 pro.  Is there a way to install direct to 10 pro instead of having to do the install to home and then upgrade to Pro??

Thanks

Joel

Monday, January 8, 2018 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hi btwjoe,

Start button > Settings > Update & Security > left side, Activation > right side, click Change product key > now enter this generic Pro product key...............VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

That will start changing your Win 10 Home to Pro, but not activated.

When completed, use your purchased Win 10 Pro key to activate.

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

https://betanews.com/2015/12/21/upgrade-from-windows-10-home-to-pro-using-this-product-key/

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 7:52 AM
  • Hi Joel,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, January 28, 2018 9:39 AM
  • Really sorry about the delay. Been very busy.

I do not want to have to install 10 home and then upgrade it. I want to install 10 pro directly without the 10 home.  Is there a way to do that.

Thanks

Joel

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 2:20 PM