none
what happens to office after updating to windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• i recently updated from windows vista to windows 7, i had office 2007 student edition (or whatever it's called) installed but now i can't find it?  i have all of the files that i had before, i just can't find out what happened to office.  i do have the disc to reinstall office, but i don't want to use one of the three installs on this when i had it on here already.  i will if i have to, but i'd really prefer not to. 

can someone please help me with this?

Friday, April 30, 2010 6:36 AM

Answers

• It is not three installs on one computer, it is an install on up to three computers.

You can reinstall on one computer as many times as you need to.

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, May 4, 2010 6:10 AM
    Sunday, May 2, 2010 7:18 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

What do you mean saying update: clean install or upgrade?

If it was an update, all applications installed with previous OS has gone and you have re-install all of them including Office 2007.

So far, I haven't yet discovered problems after upgrading from Vista to 7 for Office 2007. It still should be place in location %root%/program files/microsoft office/office12. Please, go to start and type in search box Word or Excel so then 7 should shows you related software.

Bart 

Bart Kurowski IT Suport Analyst MCP, MCST, MCITP, MCAS, Getronics UK
    Friday, April 30, 2010 10:29 AM
  • well, i thought i just did an upgrade, but i can't remember to be honest.  i did the 'upgrade'  and all of my files were still there, but then like a week later i needed to use word and realized that i couldn't find it. 

i tried what you said, typing in the search box and it didn't show any thing related to that, well, wordpad, but i still need office.  in the program files file, there is an office folder, but i can't open anything, it just says "  the operating system is not presently configured to run this application"

if i reinstall using the disc, will it take up another one of the three installs that comes with the disc?

thanks

Saturday, May 1, 2010 12:43 AM
  • It is not three installs on one computer, it is an install on up to three computers.

You can reinstall on one computer as many times as you need to.

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, May 4, 2010 6:10 AM
    Sunday, May 2, 2010 7:18 PM
  • ok, that's what i wasn't sure about. 

thanks

Sunday, May 2, 2010 7:51 PM
  • You can also remove the current Office program first and then install:

1. Click the Start button, type APPWIZ.CPL in the Start Search box and press Enter.

2. High light Office program and click Uninstall.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 6:12 AM