none
Latitude E6420: The integrated webcam does not work RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell Latitude 6420 with Windows 7 64bits. The web cam is vendor: 05CA (ricoh) device: 181C

In manager devices in images devices the driver appears correctly installed "name: integrated webcam"

the problem is that the webcam does not work. If I use the "my dell" to make a diagnoses appears that everything is ok.

I have a virtual machine Windows XP installed in the notebook, and the webcam works inside perfectly.

In the host the webcam does not appears in "Cameras and scanners" in control panel.

The driver that appears is the usbvideo.sys

I tried to delete the driver and automatically install the same again... 

In the internet I did not find nothing about a driver updated in the manufacture's site.

Could you help me please?

Friday, August 9, 2013 12:06 AM

Answers

• Kindly follow the link:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19396161/19926851.aspx

Balaji Kundalam

Saturday, August 10, 2013 4:35 AM

All replies

• Is any webcam software like Dell Webcam Central is installed and that you tried with that software also? If not, you may find it not working. Generally, Windows 7 does not have built-in webcam software like Windows 8, so even if the webcam is installed properly and there is no issue with the drivers, you need to install a webcam software to use the webcam.

If you can't use the webcam with the Dell Webcam Central or a similar software as well, kindly contact Dell support. There may be an issue with the webcam itself.

Balaji Kundalam

Friday, August 9, 2013 2:36 PM
  • I tried to install the Dell Webcam Central but that software is not compatible to my webcam. The Dell support just helped me to test the webcam physically with the tool "My Dell". Any advise?
    Friday, August 9, 2013 2:46 PM
  • Did you try with anything similar to Dell Webcam Central? Or did you install the software recommended by Dell for the webcam?

Balaji Kundalam

Friday, August 9, 2013 3:16 PM
  • I did not find anything. What software do you suggest? Thanks

Daniel Perego

Friday, August 9, 2013 5:32 PM
  • Kindly follow the link:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19396161/19926851.aspx

Balaji Kundalam

Saturday, August 10, 2013 4:35 AM