none
windows boot manager status: 0xc00000e9 info:an unexpected I/O error has occured.

Question

• OK so my computer has to cd drive so don't comment saying use a cd to fix the problem i dropped my computer now it has stopped working every-time i try one of those F8 options the computer loads it for 5-10 seconds then restarts itself a blue screen appears before it dose there is some sort of system failure when i go on to stop the automatic shut down option i can read the blue screen it says

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen.

restart your computer.if this screen appears again, follow 

these steps :

check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.(i cannot check this because i do not know how)

if this is a new installation, ask your hardware of sortware manufacturer

for any windows updates you might need.

if ay problems continue. disable or remove any newly installed hardware

or software.disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart

your computer, press F8 to select advance startup options, and then

select safe mode.

technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x8570FD28, 0xC000009C, 0x000000000, 0x000000000)

Saturday, February 04, 2012 12:41 PM

Answers

• It sounds like the drop has damaged the hard drive, it is quite possible that the drive will need to be replaced, at the very least it should be scanned for surface defects.

Turn the computer on and press F8 repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Options screen appears.

If you are lucky the first option will be Repair Your Computer, slect it and press enter.

If the hard drive is not too badly dammaged it will boot into the recovery environment.

If you can't get this far you will need to find an external DVD drive to boot from to try repairs.

If you do managed to get to the System Recovery Options screen, click Command Prompt

At the command prompt type CHKDSK C: /R and press enter

Type  Y and enter if prompted to force a dismount.

The full disk check will take quite a while, once it is done restart and see if the system boots.

If it still will not boot, repeat the above steps to get the the System Recovery Options screen again.

This time click Startup Repair and follow the on screen prompts.

If a full surface scan and startup repair does not get it booting its probably time to look at recovering any data you need to save from the drive starting with a fresh install of windows on a new hard drive. That may be beyond what you want to do yourself.

Sunday, February 05, 2012 7:14 PM

All replies

• It sounds like the drop has damaged the hard drive, it is quite possible that the drive will need to be replaced, at the very least it should be scanned for surface defects.

Turn the computer on and press F8 repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Options screen appears.

If you are lucky the first option will be Repair Your Computer, slect it and press enter.

If the hard drive is not too badly dammaged it will boot into the recovery environment.

If you can't get this far you will need to find an external DVD drive to boot from to try repairs.

If you do managed to get to the System Recovery Options screen, click Command Prompt

At the command prompt type CHKDSK C: /R and press enter

Type  Y and enter if prompted to force a dismount.

The full disk check will take quite a while, once it is done restart and see if the system boots.

If it still will not boot, repeat the above steps to get the the System Recovery Options screen again.

This time click Startup Repair and follow the on screen prompts.

If a full surface scan and startup repair does not get it booting its probably time to look at recovering any data you need to save from the drive starting with a fresh install of windows on a new hard drive. That may be beyond what you want to do yourself.

Sunday, February 05, 2012 7:14 PM
  • Seems like you have a sort of dead hard drive. When you turn on the computer, tap F11 repeatedly until the computer boots into System Recovery mode. I cant really tell you anymore unless you tell me your computer details because the process is different on some computers.
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:14 AM