I did this about a 100 times now and just can't get it to work. I did notice how the "error writing file: .rbf is always different file name. So why is it writing SOME and not OTHERS?Seems inconsistent and stops at different spots of the install. You would think if it's a TRUE writing problem, that it would stop at the same place and same file every single time. Which is not the case.So, why is this error coming up? What do I do to make it write all the files?
Solution 1: Disable startup items and services
Some applications or services may cause system errors or freezes when running concurrently with Contribute. Services are specialized programs that perform functions to support other programs. Before starting Contribute, disable other applications, including startup items (items that start automatically with Windows), and services.
To disable startup items and services, see "Disable startup items and services (Windows XP)" (TechNote kb404984 ).
To reenable startup items and services:
- Choose Start > Run, type msconfig, and click OK.
- Choose Normal Startup on the General tab, click OK, and restart the computer.
Note: If unselected items were present on the Services or Startup tab, then you will need to unselect them again
Solution 2: Rename the Config.msi folder
In some cases, permissions on the folder are in such a state that the permissions changes described below are ineffective. To test to see if data in this folder is causing the problems, attempt the following:
- Rename the folder C:\Config.Msi to C:\Config.msi.old
- Run the Adobe installer.
I agree, it is crazy.
I solve the problem this way.
!. Unistall the program you want to update.
2. Download the eexecutable for that program to your desktop
3. Right click the program and run it as an Administrator
3. When it tells you that it cannot write the file choose retry
4. Do number 3 as many times as necessary until the setup program informs you that the installation was successful.
All the best and good luck