none
Installing printer driver

Question

• I keep receiving the message "The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers" is there anyway to disable this policy if so what is the procedure?
    Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:59 PM

All replies

•  jtvella wrote:
    I keep receiving the message "The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers" is there anyway to disable this policy if so what is the procedure?

Me too! So, what's the answer?

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:41 AM
  • Me too!

Please help - I had my printer working ok, then all of a sudden it stopped. Now when I try to reinstall the printer I get the message above!

I've just had to buy a new phone because ms updated vista (htc artemis no longer installs) - I'll be damned if I'm gonna buy a new printer - I have an Epson DX4000.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:00 PM
  • Hi guys,

you all trying to install a kernel mode driver.Microsoft do not recommended to use a kernel mode printer driver because it can cause the system to crash.The kernel mode drivers are also as "version 2"  drivers."Version 3" is the user mode drivers.

The policiy is listed under the computer configuration.Start > run > gpedit.msc

A little bit research is necessary.

Regards,

Cengiz Kuskaya

Monday, June 11, 2007 1:13 PM
  •  

Please help me i am install my printer on windows 2000 and its share in the network but this printer access other pc and its os is windows vista but its not install getting fallowing error massage so please help me and salve this problem ASAP

"I keep receiving the message "The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers" is there anyway to disable this policy if so what is the procedure?"

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 8:34 AM
  •  

Hi,

you need a user mode printer driver Smile)

Error message when you try to connect to a shared printer in Windows Vista: "The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931719

CAUSE
    This problem occurs because Windows Vista does not support the installation of kernel mode printer drivers. Windows Vista only supports the installation of user mode printer drivers.

WORKAROUND
    To work around this behavior, try to obtain and install a user mode printer driver on the Windows NT 4.0-based computer.

Regards,

Cengiz Kuskaya

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 8:01 PM
  • Please help me i am install my printer on windows 2000 and its share in the network but this printer access other pc and its os is windows vista but its not install getting fallowing error massage so please help me and salve this problem ASAP

"I keep receiving the message "The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers" is there anyway to disable this policy if so what is the procedure?"

Saturday, November 29, 2008 3:02 PM
  • Hi Morgan,

this is the reason

Error message when you try to connect to a shared printer in Windows Vista: "The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931719

CAUSE
    This problem occurs because Windows Vista does not support the installation of kernel mode printer drivers. Windows Vista only supports the installation of user mode printer drivers.

You need a user mode driver.Please check your vendors web site.

Regards,

Cengiz Kuskaya

• Proposed as answer by DubaStep Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:22 PM
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 8:36 AM
  • I think you First ensure you have the latest Windows Service Pack installed. If this doesn't solve the problem, follow these steps.
    1. Check that the file 'framedyn.dll' is present on your system in the \Windows\system32\wbem directory.
    2. If not, copy the 'framedyn.dll' file from another Windows computer to the \Windows\system32\wbem directory.
    3. Right-click on 'My Computer' and select 'Properties'.
    4. Click on the 'Advanced' tab followed by the 'Environment Variables' button.
    5. Under System varibles highlight the Path entry and click the Edit button.
    6. Add '%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;' into the Variable value text box and click OK.
    7. Restart your computer

Regards,
    canon inkjet cartridges
    cheap cartridges
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:38 PM
  • Hi,

To make sure that you have a smooth installation of the printer driver, check the following.

Update your antivirus program and perform a complete system scan and fix all the malware threats in your computer.

Make sure to  download the full driver file by keeping in mind the printer configuration and model.

Also check for the compatibility with your Operating System.

Get more information to fix printer driver not installing error . Hope this information helps you.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 7:43 AM