none
Opening PDF file in IE9

Question

• When using IE9 on a web site, I click on a link that brings up a PDF file that opens in Adobe 9 with no problems. However, in the past when I did this the PDF file opened in an IE tab so I could copy the link address to use elsewhere. What do I need to change to return to the past?

I am using IE Version 9.0.8112.1642 64 bit editon, Update Version 9.0.3.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:05 PM

Answers

• I am not using the same version of Adbe so cannot test this now. The setting for this in Adobe Reader X is Edit --> Prefreences --> Internet

In the right : "Web Browser Options" select "Display PDF in browser"

Sravan

Sravan
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:14 AM

All replies

• I am not using the same version of Adbe so cannot test this now. The setting for this in Adobe Reader X is Edit --> Prefreences --> Internet

In the right : "Web Browser Options" select "Display PDF in browser"

Sravan

Sravan
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:14 AM
  • I just experienced what may be a similar problem. A website with a link to open a pdf file gave the error:

Cannot open a pdf file in the browser

There was no alternative given to do the task that I wanted to do.

The problem occurs in IE 9 as well as a competitor to Microsoft's browser. There is one browser I have tried which worked.

I am using a Win 7 operating system which failed to open the pdf file, but I have checked that the problem doesn't exist for those still using XP operating system.

The IE browser in XP was version 8 though. I hope that helps the programming team fix what may be a Win 7 "bug".

Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:17 AM