virtual machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i created a VM in my phisical machine for dev. Now the machine is not accessible anymore in rdp. and doesnt respond to ping.

an ipconfig /renew told that "an error occurred while renewing interface connexion : unable to contact your dhcp server

could you help me please what is it?

thanks

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you use Hyper-v or vmware or anything else ?

Does the host machine have the same problem?

Did you use wired or wireless connection?

Can you ping from another VM?

Here are some steps that can help you narrow down the issue:

1.If you connect to the network via NAT, try to set the network adapter of the VM to a bridged connection so that VM will get it's own IP.

2. Go to Services.msc, check if the DHCP service and its dependence service is running.

3. Go to disable the firewall on host machine and vm, especially some third-party malware software.

4.Make sure your network setting is correct: http://searchitchannel.techtarget.com/feature/Configuring-virtual-networking-for-Microsoft-Hyper-V

5.Run the command in cmd as administrator:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /all

6. Write a static IP address to have a try.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 8, 2018 6:06 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any problems, please feel free to contact me.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by YoshidaZen Monday, February 12, 2018 7:59 AM
    Friday, February 9, 2018 1:52 AM

All replies

• You VM is not correctly installed and/or configured.

You will have to refer to the documentation for the VM or contact the publisher of the VM software for assistance.

It is absolutely impossible to diagnose your situation with such vague information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 11:27 AM
  • Hi,

Did you use Hyper-v or vmware or anything else ?

Does the host machine have the same problem?

Did you use wired or wireless connection?

Can you ping from another VM?

Here are some steps that can help you narrow down the issue:

1.If you connect to the network via NAT, try to set the network adapter of the VM to a bridged connection so that VM will get it's own IP.

2. Go to Services.msc, check if the DHCP service and its dependence service is running.

3. Go to disable the firewall on host machine and vm, especially some third-party malware software.

4.Make sure your network setting is correct: http://searchitchannel.techtarget.com/feature/Configuring-virtual-networking-for-Microsoft-Hyper-V

5.Run the command in cmd as administrator:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /all

6. Write a static IP address to have a try.

Thursday, February 8, 2018 6:06 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any problems, please feel free to contact me.

• Marked as answer by YoshidaZen Monday, February 12, 2018 7:59 AM
    Friday, February 9, 2018 1:52 AM
  • hi vivian thanks, i did some checks, some i was aware other not, but it was a problem with the host machine.

Monday, February 12, 2018 7:59 AM