none
Imagex Error restoring image The network path was not found

Question

• I've searched and searched with no luck for an answer.

I've built a boot.wim with WinPE 3.0 with automated scripts for partitioning and imaging. The main image is about 7GB and is located on a server.

ImageX version 6.1.7600.16385

My problem is, when i deploy this image i get about 60% of the way and then i get:

[60%] Applying (with verification) progress: 5:07 mins remaining

[ RETRY ] Restoring c:\blah blah blah\some file (Error = 64)

[ ERROR ] c:\blah blah blah\same file (Error = 53)

Error restoring image.

The network path was not found.

The system cannot open the device or file specified.

I've tried a couple times and get this on different files between 50-70% complete. Looks like network is dying or something.

So more info for you to think about: I have 3 local servers built running windows server 2000 that work fine with same scripts and image (fciv checksum ran against all good and failing network server)

The network server that is not working is running windows 2003 server and is controlled by my IT department. 1GB network connection and is a stand alone server (we also run virtual servers for other things but i told them i needed a dedicated server for this project) 3GHZ Xeon 4GB ram.

I've put in a help ticket to my IT department and now im waiting. Maybe someone has same issue and can point me in the right direction? I do have remote desktop acces to server to make changes. But the It department controls the network im using.

Thanks in advance :)

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If the image is more than two partitions, it might happen when diskpart change the drive letters.

As per the article <http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/aa905120.aspx> It’s a limitation of win PE that drive letters don’t remain persistent.

As a workaround we can write WMI script to make sure that the drive letters remain persistent in win PE session.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, August 03, 2011 7:56 AM