none
Windows 7 - Windows Update error - Code 8024200D RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64Bit.

For the pass few weeks, the windows update kept failing:

Code 8024200D Windows Update encountered an unknown error.

We also tried download and run the System Update Readiness Tools - Windows6.1-KB947821-v24-x64.msu. Installed susccessfully and then re-run the Windows Update again and it's the same thing.

Please advise.

DCAlliances

• Edited by DC Alliances Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:54 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you receive Windows Update error 8024200d, it can mean that an update did not finish downloading or installing.

You may refer to the other steps in the following KB article to check:

How to troubleshoot Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service pack installation issues

NOTE: these steps can also be used in the Windows 7.

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:57 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, I assume the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to  reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW,  we'd love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Niki
    TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 2:55 AM
  • It's still happening to me on my computer. I just want to get rid of it. If I dont find a solution on my first google search I'll typically give up if it's not urgent. This has been happening ever since I upgraded from XP 2 months ago.
    Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:43 PM