none
Message states to activate Windows on new laptop RRS feed

• Question

• Why am I now getting a message to Activate Windows on my laptop after I already have when first bought. Settings show not activated for Windows Enterprise and not connecting to my mail also.
    Monday, November 18, 2019 8:13 PM

All replies

• Hello,

From an elevated CMD prompt run licensingdiag and post a link to the cab file that is generated

Thanks, Darrell Gorter [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, November 18, 2019 9:01 PM
  • Enterprise is an upgrade license., Enterprise edition Windows 10 needs volume license for activation, please contact your system admin for help. Or go to VLSC to check your license.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:18 AM
  • Hello,

Try to run Activation Troubleshooter:

1. Open Settings app, navigate to Update & security > Activation.

2. Click on Troubleshoot link to launch Activation troubleshooter.

3. The troubleshooter will automatically detect the issue and fix it. If it doesn't, let us know the issue it reports back.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:16 AM
  • Enterprise edition can only be activated with a volume license or as a E3, E5 subsciption
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:29 AM
  • Hello,

There is also Enterprise Eval which can be activated with an EVAL key

There are Enterprise editions for devices which can be activated by OEm.

Thus the ask for the licensingdiag output, to determine what type of key was used, what type of edition is in place and what the activation history was of this machine

Thanks, Darrell Gorter [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:51 PM