none
Windows 7/Vista desktop background RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 7.  I liked the default desktop background/wallpaper in Vista and would like to use it in Win7.  Is it possible to do that?  How?
    Friday, December 11, 2009 7:07 PM

Answers

• I have Windows 7.  I liked the default desktop background/wallpaper in Vista and would like to use it in Win7.  Is it possible to do that?  How?

Hi

The instructions are similar to what I posted in your thread about uaing the logon screen image for your Desktop background.

In Vista, navigate to the C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper folder.

Locate the image you wish to use in Windows 7 and copy that file.

Place it on external media, such as a USB memory stick or disc.

Go to your Windows 7 system and move the file to one of the sub-folders in the  C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper folder.

Right click the Desktop and select Personalize/Desktop background.

Use the Browse Button to navigate to the sub-folder where you placed the image file and select it.

Click Save Changes.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by janemh Friday, December 11, 2009 10:29 PM
    Friday, December 11, 2009 7:42 PM

All replies

Hi

The instructions are similar to what I posted in your thread about uaing the logon screen image for your Desktop background.

In Vista, navigate to the C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper folder.

Locate the image you wish to use in Windows 7 and copy that file.

Place it on external media, such as a USB memory stick or disc.

Go to your Windows 7 system and move the file to one of the sub-folders in the  C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper folder.

Right click the Desktop and select Personalize/Desktop background.

Use the Browse Button to navigate to the sub-folder where you placed the image file and select it.

Click Save Changes.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by janemh Friday, December 11, 2009 10:29 PM
    Friday, December 11, 2009 7:42 PM
  • First you download the background image either from where Ronnie specified or off the net if you already upgraded to win7.

Then just set it as the desktop background, either how Ronnie showed you how to do it or just right click the pic and choose set as Desktop background.

- JoelbX            (Help me build a new PC)
    JoelbX's favorite threads | Computer tips | ----- | Email me | 'Gadget' programs
    Friday, December 11, 2009 10:20 PM