Change in Text scaling won't work when remoted to a win 10 VM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Win 10 remote user (latest version of Windows 10) connecting remotely to a virtual Windows 10 PC.   I have gone to console view of the virtual PC running Windows 10 and changing the text scaling works great.   When I remote to that same PC text scaling from the virtual PC no longer works.  I've manually adjusted it from a remote session and saved, rebooted the VM and it still doesn't show any difference.

Friday, July 24, 2020 4:46 AM

All replies

• I tried this with no luck.

https://www.brankovucinec.com/fix-remote-desktop-dpi-scaling-issues/

I also tried this with no luck (tried a 1 and rebooted, tried a 0 and rebooted)

https://serverfault.com/questions/917337/rdp-session-text-scaling-too-large

• Edited by boe_d Saturday, July 25, 2020 3:40 PM
    Saturday, July 25, 2020 3:36 PM
  • Hi boe_d,

Thanks for your post! I am doing research on this issue, if there's any update, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience!

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 4:33 AM
  • Hi,

1. Can you enter winver in the command prompt of the local win10 computer and issue the remote vm, and then check the os version and os version number? [For example, Windows 10 Enterprise Edition 1809 (OS Build 17763.316)]
    2. Find one other physical win10 client to remotely go to the problematic win10vm to see if there is the same problem?
    3. If multiple devices connected to the same VM remotely has the same issue, if yes, update the driver of the "remote desktop mouse device" in the remote endpoint device manager to see if it can be solve.
    4. If it cannot be solved, does the user use other accounts to log in to the remote end vm also have the same problem?
    5. Can the remote end vm be upgraded to win10 (2004)?

Best Regards,

Anne

This "Windows 10 Virtualization" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

"Windows 10 Virtualization" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Virtualization"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 5:07 AM
  • Hi,

We helped you post a new thread on Q&A platform. If you need follow-up or have any concerns about this issue, please come to the Q&A platform to discuss.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/61487/change-in-text-scaling-won39t-work-when-remoted-to.html?childToView=61527#answer-61527

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 7, 2020 7:32 AM