Windows 10 1909 Version settings system crash RRS feed

• Question

• I am using windows 10 1909 version Ent

When i open the settings->system

1. for laptops/desktops - no issue

2. for VMs - if the system window is maximized then its crashing ( its closing automatically ) and if the window is not maximized then working fine

3. for VDI - total its crashing i.e if we click on settings-> system then its crashing.

I have tried multiple ways but no result. Can any one help us on this one.

I am not sure why system window is crashing when i open it in VMs.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, June 3, 2020 2:53 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This is not the correct forum use

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us?auth=1

Or

https://support.microsoft.com/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Wednesday, June 3, 2020 4:30 PM
  • Hello,

Try to re-register Settings app where the issue is present:

1. Open administrative Windows PowerShell.

2. In PowerShell window, type/paste following cmdlet and press Enter key:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name windows.immersivecontrolpanel | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

3. Let the command complete.

Reference: https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-settings-app-not-working-in-windows-10

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Thursday, June 4, 2020 11:58 AM
  • Hi,

Is your problem solved?

If not, please reply and tell us the current situations and we wil provide further assistance.

"Windows 10 Virtualization" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Virtualization"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 3, 2020 2:33 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.
    Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.    

Best regards,
    Cedric

"Windows 10 Virtualization" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Virtualization"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 9:50 AM
  • Hi,

This "Windows 10 Virtualization" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

Friday, July 17, 2020 1:48 AM