none
why wont my remote work on WMC

Question

• i have a remote for my tv card it is designed to be used on media center the box has on it
    "all new all-in-one remote controll press left and right keys for 3 seconds easily switch betwene winfast prv2 and windows media center"
    its a winfast DTV1000s card if any 1 needs to know
    i dont really like the winfast software but have to use it if i want to use the remote it works fint in winfasts prv but if i atempt to switch it to WMC it stops working altogether now i should explain that it should stop working in the PRV when i atempt to go to the WMC is there somthing im missing here or is it a hardware issue? 
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 7:21 PM

Answers

• Hi again GGCS:

Hmmmm...........are your SURE that the remote won't work with the Win7 drivers for MCE remotes?  I thought you said it had built-in capacity to run as a Media Center remote?  If so wouldn't it by neccessity  need to have the MCE drivers installed on the PC?  If it were me I'd forget your third party application and try the remote set to Media Center without having the winfast software on your computer.  If the remote is supposed to work with Media Center it would have to  use the same command signals as any other remote designed for Media Center.  I think what is happening is that the 3rd party software isn't working with Win7 properly for the remote and if you try the steps mentioned above any remote designed for Media Center should work with the built-in Win7 drivers.   Win7 probably isn't automatically installing it's drivers now because the Winfast software has named itself as default.  Without that softwear Win7 will try to install Media Center drivers..............I think......sure seems worth a try.  Also, you might not need the Winsoft software for the TV tuner to work with Media Center......Win7 probably has built in drivers designed for use with Win7 Beta.  Your card is Certified for Windows Vista 32 or 64-bit and if it's gone thru that process the likelyhood is very high that any necessary drivers for it are built-in to Win7 and that they will work just fine without any software or driver installation on your part.  You've nothing to lose by trying it.....uninstall the software in programs then in Device Manager uninstall the current drivers,  remove the USB infrared receiver for the remote,  re-start and see if Win7 doesn't pop up  a box saying it is installing drivers for your tuner.  If it does then plug in the USB IR for the remote and see if Win7 doesn't install the driver for that.  Then with your remote set for MCE try it out.  Then if you can't get the included remote to work you can buy a Vista Certified Media Center remote fairly cheap and have access to all the features of Media Center.  You really don't need the Winfast software.....Media Center is far and away superior.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 7:55 PM

All replies

• Hi GGCS:
      You might try uninstalling the winfast software, remove the IR receiver from your USB port, re-start and then plug in the IR receiver,  see if Win7 installs the Media Center Drivers.  If it does,  set the remote for Media Center and try it out.  If it works you might forget installing the winfast tv software as Media Center is far superior.  Good luck.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 4:47 PM
  • sadly the ir remote is part of the winfast card and drivers for the card are part of its software it works fine in winfast mode but dont seam to work in WMC mode
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 12:50 PM
  • Hi again GGCS:

Hmmmm...........are your SURE that the remote won't work with the Win7 drivers for MCE remotes?  I thought you said it had built-in capacity to run as a Media Center remote?  If so wouldn't it by neccessity  need to have the MCE drivers installed on the PC?  If it were me I'd forget your third party application and try the remote set to Media Center without having the winfast software on your computer.  If the remote is supposed to work with Media Center it would have to  use the same command signals as any other remote designed for Media Center.  I think what is happening is that the 3rd party software isn't working with Win7 properly for the remote and if you try the steps mentioned above any remote designed for Media Center should work with the built-in Win7 drivers.   Win7 probably isn't automatically installing it's drivers now because the Winfast software has named itself as default.  Without that softwear Win7 will try to install Media Center drivers..............I think......sure seems worth a try.  Also, you might not need the Winsoft software for the TV tuner to work with Media Center......Win7 probably has built in drivers designed for use with Win7 Beta.  Your card is Certified for Windows Vista 32 or 64-bit and if it's gone thru that process the likelyhood is very high that any necessary drivers for it are built-in to Win7 and that they will work just fine without any software or driver installation on your part.  You've nothing to lose by trying it.....uninstall the software in programs then in Device Manager uninstall the current drivers,  remove the USB infrared receiver for the remote,  re-start and see if Win7 doesn't pop up  a box saying it is installing drivers for your tuner.  If it does then plug in the USB IR for the remote and see if Win7 doesn't install the driver for that.  Then with your remote set for MCE try it out.  Then if you can't get the included remote to work you can buy a Vista Certified Media Center remote fairly cheap and have access to all the features of Media Center.  You really don't need the Winfast software.....Media Center is far and away superior.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 7:55 PM