Resetting TCP/IP - Network connections but browser can't reach internet RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've had to reset TCP/IP twice on a domain computer running Windows 8.1 within a week.  Can't think of anything unusual that happened during the week to do this.

I performed netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt  both times and it worked, except there is no resetlog.txt file.

My questions is why? What is happening to cause this?  As the IT admin, I'm not always available to come to his computer to reset this but the fact that I've never seen this problem in our network before and now twice on the same computer tells me something is amiss. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Friday, May 5, 2017 7:36 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please run Network Adapter troubleshooter from Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all. Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Saturday, May 6, 2017 5:47 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, it’s strange. If we have set the log path, but there is no resetlog file. You could run Process Monitor and have it monitor your netsh command to check.

Also I suggest that we could reinstall the Network card driver and reset Winsock, clear the DNS cache.

Netsh winsock reset

ipconfig /flushdns

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 8, 2017 4:16 AM