none
How do I restart Comcast? RRS feed

• Question

• I do online gaming at www.bridgebase.com. Sometimes I get connectivity problems. I asked their support about the problem. They told me to restart my ISP. How would I do that?

Friday, November 15, 2019 8:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• It sounds like they just want you to restart your modem/router. There should be a little hole with a button in it on the back of the device that is labeled "reset". Hold that down for ten seconds and let the device reboot. In regards to gaming this can sometimes fix restricted/moderate NAT types and some latency issues.

-Aaron

Friday, November 15, 2019 9:01 PM
  • Comcast should have it's software/driver installed & running,if you downloaded it from them..Also,Comcast might be youre internet provider,but its not the pc internet controller driver/software,that gets installed thru the pc mfg web,or pc MB web site,this lets windows configure the connection.Also,open control/panel/networking,locate the controller/properties,edit if needed.Plus,open Internet Options/Connections tab/edit..
    Saturday, November 16, 2019 12:31 AM
  • Yes I know how to restart my router. I don't know what to do if there is a problem with my ISP.
    Saturday, November 16, 2019 12:04 PM
  • 20 years ago the ISP would send the software on a CD. Now I use standard Windows 10 software and software that came with my cable modem.

Saturday, November 16, 2019 12:07 PM
  • Hi ,

An Internet Service Provider (ISP) is a company that provides Internet access to organizations and home users. We cannot restart ISP.

>>They told me to restart my ISP

As Aaron said ,I think they just mean restarting your modem/router.

>>I don't know what to do if there is a problem with my ISP.

If you are experiencing trouble with your network, you could contact your Internet Sevice Provider (ISP). Like you can ask your ISP if there’s been an Internet outage in your area, or any changes to your Internet settings or other network services.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, November 18, 2019 7:01 AM
  • the tracert program will tell me where the problem is.

Tracert www.bridgebase.com in a dos window will tell me who the liar is.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:15 AM