none
Error code 0X80070216 while installing

General discussion

• Just thought I would mention this in case anyone might have the same problem I did while installing the beta. While installing The beta it would go to the "Expanding Files" and fail at 29% I tried it several times and always stopped at 29% and had the error code of 0X80070216.
    What it turned out to be was the file download for Windows 7 beta was corrupted and after downloading it again and burning the image to another DVD the instalation worked fine.
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 2:27 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the info! For some resion i used windows vista burner thing and just named the file windows7.iso and the insall worked fine! So wondering why so many people our haveing turble and be alert some time only one file dose not copy and with out that file it well not insall right happen to me!
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 3:00 AM
  • I attempted to install Win 7 RC1 32-bit on my Asus P4S533-E PC using a Benq 16x DVD-ROM drive. The installation stalled at 5% of 'Expanding Files', giving Error Code 0X80070216. I burnt the file again but obtained the same result. I then downloaded the file again, but again obtained the same result. I then switched to my other (slower) drive - a PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-110D - and this time the installation proceeded without a hitch. A plague on cabinet files and DVD drives! I hope someone finds this useful.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 12:20 PM
  • hope it to be useful
    Thursday, August 08, 2013 2:06 PM