none
Toshiba Laptop Mouse stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I rebooted my Toshiba Laptop, using Windows 8.1 about an hour or so ago. When my laptop came back on my mouse wasn't working but my touch-pad is working fine. I searched for answers everywhere and followed others suggestions. I troubleshooted my device under Device & sounds & I got this message once the troubleshooting was finished, "This device is working properly."

Then I replaced the battery, hoping it was something as easy has needing just a new battery. That didn't resolve the mouse issue.

I read many post here in Microsoft of others having a mouse issue of not showing up after an update from Windows or after a reboot, etc. I tried some of the answers posted to help them for myself & nothing resolved my issue with my mouse coming back on & working again. I really wouldn't want to do back to a "system restore," as I read for an answer to someone else having this same problem! I'd think that would be a last resort to do such a major action with my laptop.

I have Windows setup to, automatically, update.

If others people are having this same exact issue with their mouse not showing up after any kind of restart or reboot who's using windows 8.1? And they had their problem resolved in any other way then a "System Restore?" I'd really appreciate just how they got their mouse to working once again.

Thanks In Advance.

Christine

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Christine,

Try to uninstall the existing mouse driver in Device Manager and reboot computer again to load a new one. Or we could go to device manufacture website and download a compatibility mouse driver to check again. 

Or we could go to settings\devices\mouse\troubleshooting my mouse to check and repair the issue automatically. 

Update the existing system version will also helpful for installing proper mouse driver.

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:12 AM
  • Hi Christine, 

Any update?

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 8:15 AM