none
Windows Media Player And The Taskbar

Question

• Hi,

In previous versions of the WMP was able to see video from the taskbar, now the preview superba not let me do this, it would be possible to make the preview of the video is made permanent, while other tasks are performed?

thanks

Yefry López WebMaster Desarrollador 5 Estrellas 2008
    Friday, April 24, 2009 1:40 PM

Answers

• No, the taskbar no long has a WMP toobar addition.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    • Marked as answer by Yefry López Friday, April 24, 2009 9:24 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2009 9:19 PM

All replies

• I see video in full motion real time as a popup on the taskbar, when I point at the icon of a running WMP12 instance. If you fail to see that behavior, it's probably some driver or codec problem on your system.
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Friday, April 24, 2009 8:41 PM
  • Yes, I can see the behavior correctly, but what I mean is that the preview is not like previous versions, the video playback is not anchored while performing other tasks.

Is it possible to remain as in previous versions?

Friday, April 24, 2009 9:10 PM
  • No, the taskbar no long has a WMP toobar addition.
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    • Marked as answer by Yefry López Friday, April 24, 2009 9:24 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2009 9:19 PM
  • Okay, thanks =(
    Friday, April 24, 2009 9:24 PM
  • hmm this maybe a bit late but i managed to get taskbar to work on wmp12 on the windows 7 RC =] i just grabbed the wmpband.dll file from vista's wmp folder and chucked the file into the wmp folder in windows 7. After that i made a .bat file in the windows 7 wmp folder and put "regsvr32 wmpband.dll" in the .bat file. i then ran the bat file and for somereason my computer turned off =/ but when i turned it back on there was the windows media player taskbar =] it works for song switching and stuff like that but is very buggy. hmm i think my steps are a bit hard to follow cause i rushed typing it.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 10:02 AM