none
Windows 10 IoT Enterprise build 1607 x64: Unified Write filter problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm currently testing Windows 10 Enterprise Unified Write filter.

I have issue with the servicing mode; UWF-Servicing user don't autologon, after changing the password and log into the account, the PC reboot and only the mouse appear on a black screen

Also I'm unable to receive threshold warning

Another problem when the UWF overlay is full (RAM or DISK type) the machine is unusable (cannot open a console or task manager)

Is there known issues with that version and I should upgrade to a newer Windows build, or there some patches or it's a configuration problem? 

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 10:15 PM

Answers

• When the servicing mode is enabled and the PC is rebooted.  The machine will reboot and show a UWF-Servicing user logon screen.  This is where the servicing happen.  Then the system will reboot another time and the user will not be available at the logon screen.  If you check with uwfmgr.exe get-config the servicing state will be at off
    • Marked as answer by mcgrenier Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:04 PM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For 1607 version, Microsoft has released two KB for Unified Write Filter issue, they are KB4022723(OS build 14393.1378) and KB14025334(OS Build 14393.1532), if you are using 1607 version for test, please make sure current system is newer than 14393.1532.

In fact, we recommend you to test UWF feature on the latest Windows 10 1703 version Enterprise system.

I search online and find out some users meet with similar UWF servicing problem, after running the 'uwfmgr servicing enable' command and restarting that the uwf servicing account is supposed to auto login and display a screensaver, but it does not do this. This situation occurred in March, 1607 version, but on 1703, seems ok.

Therefore, please test Unified Write Filter (UWF) feature on build 14393.1532 and later the latest 1703 system, build 15063.608.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jec6613 Tuesday, January 23, 2018 4:44 PM
    Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:59 AM
  • When the servicing mode is enabled and the PC is rebooted.  The machine will reboot and show a UWF-Servicing user logon screen.  This is where the servicing happen.  Then the system will reboot another time and the user will not be available at the logon screen.  If you check with uwfmgr.exe get-config the servicing state will be at off
    • Marked as answer by mcgrenier Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:04 PM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:03 PM