none
3 Display Screen.

Question

• I have 3 Dislpay screen.  2 Display screen are 22" wide and i have 1- 17" display TOUCH screen.   Will windows 7 be able to run all 3 screen and will i be able to sure the touch screen as well. All at the same time.   I have 2 video card.  and on window Xp..  I was able to run my computer with 3 screen display before.  2- 19" screen and 1- 15"( none of which was touch) , and i had no problems.... But i want to get Windows 7. and i want to really to this set up.  can this be done?
    Wednesday, December 02, 2009 2:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can use the three monitors at the same time. To set up multiple monitors, you can refer to the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Move-windows-between-multiple-monitors 

In my opinion, Since the graphic cards' driver is used to support these monitors, it's better to apply the newest graphic cards' driver, and install the touch driver for windows 7.

I hope this can help

John
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, December 07, 2009 5:37 AM
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 3:05 AM
  • I have 3 Dislpay screen.  2 Display screen are 22" wide and i have 1- 17" display TOUCH screen.   Will windows 7 be able to run all 3 screen and will i be able to sure the touch screen as well. All at the same time.   I have 2 video card.  and on window Xp..  I was able to run my computer with 3 screen display before.  2- 19" screen and 1- 15"( none of which was touch) , and i had no problems.... But i want to get Windows 7. and i want to really to this set up.  can this be done?
    Hi

Whether the touch screen works on Windows 7, depends on the driver support that is available for the touch enabled device.

Windows 7 includes the advanced extensibility for touch devices as well as generic drivers, but the compatible drivers for a particular device are provided by the manufacturer of that device. You will need to check with the manufacturer to make sure that these drivers are available for that monitor. This isn't usually a problem, since most of the latest Digitizer screens that are installed on touch devices are supported with compatible drivers by the device manufacturer or the digitizer manufacturer. Most touch enabled monitors will work 'out of the box' on Windows 7.

Here are some more links to get you up to speed.

Windows 7 features - Windows Touch

You can also check the compatibility for a particular device on the following website.

Windows 7 Compatibility Center

Compatibility FAQ

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Thursday, December 03, 2009 4:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can use the three monitors at the same time. To set up multiple monitors, you can refer to the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Move-windows-between-multiple-monitors 

In my opinion, Since the graphic cards' driver is used to support these monitors, it's better to apply the newest graphic cards' driver, and install the touch driver for windows 7.

I hope this can help

John
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 3:05 AM
    Hi

Whether the touch screen works on Windows 7, depends on the driver support that is available for the touch enabled device.

Windows 7 includes the advanced extensibility for touch devices as well as generic drivers, but the compatible drivers for a particular device are provided by the manufacturer of that device. You will need to check with the manufacturer to make sure that these drivers are available for that monitor. This isn't usually a problem, since most of the latest Digitizer screens that are installed on touch devices are supported with compatible drivers by the device manufacturer or the digitizer manufacturer. Most touch enabled monitors will work 'out of the box' on Windows 7.

Here are some more links to get you up to speed.

Windows 7 features - Windows Touch

You can also check the compatibility for a particular device on the following website.

Windows 7 Compatibility Center

Compatibility FAQ

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Thursday, December 03, 2009 4:39 AM