none
Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 for Mac no longer connecting; error code 0x204 RRS feed

• Question

• Why would this application all of a sudden stop working? It connected just fine, then stopped working on both my iMac and my MacBook Pro. There have been NO recent updates to the application. I rebooted and was able to connect again to my Windows work pc for a short time, then I'm back to it not working (even after rebooting my Macs numerous times)...Help!
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:35 PM

All replies

• Uninstall and reinstall the app.

Open the Mac App Store and download app.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, October 18, 2019 1:31 AM
  • Hi,

I want to confirm with you if RDS has been deployed to provide the remote desktop connection? Or, only establish remote desktop connection from one system to another?

Re-install the RDC app and re-create your remote desktop connection is worthy to have a try. If problem persists, please try to download RDC beta version, and confirm that if it works. You can download the beta version from below link:
    https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/5e0c144289a51fca2d3bfa39ce7f2b06/

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 1:58 AM
  • I moved the Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 to the Trash. Then I re-installed it, but it remembered all my settings...is that okay? And, when i tried it still gave me the same error.

Also, I use VPN Tracker which connects just fine; it's when i try connect using Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac that I get the error. And, my pc at work is good and ready to go (and others that have access to their own pcs are not having issues).

Friday, October 18, 2019 2:30 AM
  • Hi,

> I moved the Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 to the Trash. Then I re-installed it, but it remembered all my settings...is that okay
    Yes.

Also, please try to download the beta version of RDC and confirm that if problem still happens.

>I use VPN Tracker which connects just fine; it's when i try connect using Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac that I get the error.
    So, you establish VPN to the network first. Then, establish remote desktop connection to the PC which locates on the network. 

So, you only enable Remote Desktop Connection on the remote system (pc at work) via local System -> Remote Settings?

If possible, please try to establish remote desktop connection to your pc at work from other system, such as other available Windows client system, and confirm that if RDP function on your remote system is working. It would be helpful to identify whether it is specific source system, or specific RDC version relate. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 6:20 AM
  • I tried downloading the beta, but my Mac gave me following error:

“Microsoft Remote Desktop Beta.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)} </style>

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25)} span.s1 {color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)} </style>

Chrome downloaded this file today at 9:18 AM from rink.hockeyapp.net.

Now what should i do?

Also, I'll answer your VPN question once our IT dept tells me the answer; i'm not too savvy with remote access...

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)} </style>
    Friday, October 18, 2019 2:21 PM
  • Answers to your previous questions:

So, you establish VPN to the network first. Then, establish remote desktop connection to the PC which locates on the network.  Yes, I did; it's working 

So, you only enable Remote Desktop Connection on the remote system (pc at work) via local System -> Remote Settings?  Yes, it's enabled and allows remote desktop 

If possible, please try to establish remote desktop connection to your pc at work from other system, such as other available Windows client system, and confirm that if RDP function on your remote system is working. It would be helpful to identify whether it is specific source system, or specific RDC version relate.  Yes, I did login from different a user using VPN and it's working normal

Friday, October 18, 2019 6:32 PM
  • I just tried my MacBook Pro and it connects. So, I believe it's something with the newest Mac OS Catalina update and Remote Desktop 10.

Below are the credentials:

MacBook Pro (which works):

Mac OS High Sierra v 10.13.6

Microsoft Remote Desktop v 10.3.3

iMac (which does NOT work):

Mac OS Catalina v 10.15

Microsoft Remote Desktop v 10.3.3

Help!

Friday, October 18, 2019 9:29 PM
  • Hi,

>“Microsoft Remote Desktop Beta.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
    It is a new function on mac OS. Just right-click the application in question and choose “Open”. Then, click the “Open” button at the next dialog warning to launch the app anyway.

Then, confirm that if problem happens on beta version.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, October 21, 2019 2:49 AM
  • still error 0x204 

same result for beta version

please help how can I fix it

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 2:51 AM
  • Hi,

There is new version 10.3.4 which has been released recently, please confirm that if it is helpful:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop-10/id1295203466?mt=12

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:41 AM
  • Unfortunately also new release didn't fixed issue.

Error 0x204 still persist

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 3:53 PM