none
service pack did not install reverting changes

Question

• This issue will not allow me to get pass it to do anything.  Is there a way around this error.

Saturday, December 11, 2010 2:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First, please let me know which Service Pack failed to install and if it is still able to boot the computer as normal.

If it is able to boot the computer as normal, please refer to the steps in the following KB article to troubleshoot it:

How to troubleshoot Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service pack installation issues

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, December 17, 2010 7:46 AM
    Monday, December 13, 2010 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First, please let me know which Service Pack failed to install and if it is still able to boot the computer as normal.

If it is able to boot the computer as normal, please refer to the steps in the following KB article to troubleshoot it:

How to troubleshoot Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service pack installation issues

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, December 17, 2010 7:46 AM
    Monday, December 13, 2010 9:15 AM
  • Hi,

Regards,

Sabrina

So- I have automatic updates happening on Small Business Server 2008 - it installed something like 32 updates last night.  It failed to get past the Configuring Updates 3 of 3.  I waited over an hour before I hard reset the server.  I tried to reboot the server in safe mode, it eventually logged in - but I did not get a desktop.  So I did CTRL-ALT-DEL and logged out - and now it is stuck on "Reverting Changes".  How do I log into the server and either go back to last known good boot or install the upgrade?  I am completely offline ATM.
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 2:45 PM