none
Network Discovery Issue in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I operate a small network with a Windows 2012 Essentials server and several Windows workstations. I recently upgraded all the workstations to Windows 10. I first upgraded our W7 Pro desktops to W10 Pro, then installed new SSD drives and reinstalled W10 Pro. Each workstation is a member of the domain and all user accounts on the W10 Pro workstations are domain accounts. All of the workstations are connected via Ethernet (wired) and show they are on the domain network. They all have network discovery and file & printer sharing turned on for the domain network.

When using File Explorer and selecting "Network" I only see some of the machines on the network. I can see most of the workstations, but not all, and I generally cannot see the server. For some of the machines I can see, I am able to drill in and see the normal shares, but in some I cannot see anything.

I have checked the network settings and the network discovery settings on the server and all workstations ... they are identical. Each of the workstations show up in Active Directory in the computers container.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Thursday, December 17, 2015 2:32 PM

All replies

• Boy this is great support.

The issue is the 1511 upgrade.

It was released with major flaws in accessing NetBIOS.

Can't believe it was possible, but that's the way things are going in Redmond

Gerald Fay

Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:35 AM