none
SharePoint Online Search

Question

• Hi,

I want to perform OCR on PDF/Image(Like Invoice Scanned Image File) documents which are stored in document library. I can able to search the documents inside the library but i unable to search the content/PDF Content inside the File.

Please assist us to Search the Content in a file and also Search the image content in a file.

Friday, January 20, 2017 6:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Jayanthi,

SharePoint Online already includes a PDF iFilter that allows SharePoint Online to index the text contents of PDF files.

One common issue is that many PDF files are either totally or partially image files having originated from scanned documents or faxes. These documents are considered “dead content” because their contents are essentially images and, as a result, cannot be searched or indexed

To make these documents discoverable again, they need to be transformed into a format that can be searched and indexed by the SharePoint crawler. This is where Aquaforest Searchlight comes in.

To see how Aquaforest Searchlight works, check this video demo.

For more detailed information, refer to the article about configuring SharePoint for PDF Files:

https://www.aquaforest.com/wp/index.php/configuring-sharepoint-for-pdf-files/

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 23, 2017 3:30 AM
  • Hi Jayanthi,

Is there anything update?

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:53 AM