none
Restore Store that has been removed RRS feed

• Question

• I removed it with

get-appxprovisionedpackage -online | remove-appxprovisionedpackage -online

Is there a way to get it back

wsreset.exe didn't work. Get a message that the store is needed.

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

Gives me: Cannot find path 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

Neither did SFC and DISM. They completed fine, but after a restart, it still isn't there.

If I can't get the Store back, can I at least get a way to just download the appx package.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:45 PM

All replies

• Open PowerShell as Admin and copy and paste the following command:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, January 25, 2019 12:06 AM
  • Hello,

As the package Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe is missing, unfortunately, PowerShell methods will not help you to restore Store app back.

In this case, you need to perform repair upgrade:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-repair-windows-10-using-in-place-upgrade

Let us know if this helps!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Friday, January 25, 2019 8:45 AM
  • Hi

You need to get the folder from another machine that have the store, browse to

'c:\program files\windowsapps'

and look for the folder for windows store ( e.g Microsoft.WindowsStore_11811.1001.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe) to USB disk or shared location

then on the machine which you want to restore the MS store, on file explorer allow hidden items to shoe browse to 'c:\program files\windowsapps' you need to take ownership of the folder to open it then copy the windows store folder to the location

now you need to register the app, from elevated powershell run the following  

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11811.1001.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

Thanks

Nabeel

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:07 PM