none
Cannot connect a Cannon MP270 series Printer through wireless network... Error 0x0000000d and I've been reading a ton of forum posts. Please help RRS feed

• Question

• Okay so now I am frustrated, haha.  I have been trying to connect my wife's laptop to our desktop computer but it keeps coming up with the same error code:  0x0000000d.  I've been reading all different ways to fix but so far nothing is working.  Here is our laptop model:  Compaq Presario F700.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!  School just started and we need to print!

Thank you in advance. 

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you tell which version of the operation system is running on both computer?

For the Printer, you can connect to one computer locally by installing the proper driver and share the printer with others.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you tell which version of the operation system is running on both computer?

For the Printer, you can connect to one computer locally by installing the proper driver and share the printer with others.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:33 AM
  • Hi, I having same error "wireless cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0 x 0000000d) "

My printer PC is on window XP, client PC is on window Vista. both PC are in the same workgroup and have latest printer driver installed.

When I intend to connect printer from shared printer, it prompt "wireless cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0 x 0000000d)".

could the issue cause by compability of window XP and window vista drivers? any additional driver required?

I tried physically connect client PC to printer, and it work.

any advise appreciated

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 12:57 PM
  • Just had a long few hours with the same issue. Fixed it though. Here's how:

1. From the Win7 laptop (the one trying to connect but cannot due to error 0x0000000d), Click Start
    2. Click Devices and Printers
    3. Click Add a printer
    4. Click Add a local printer (yes thats right a local printer)
    5. Click Create a new port
    6. Select Local Port
    7. Click Next
    8. Type in your host computer name and the printer share name like this:   \\HOSTNAME\PRINTERNAME
    9. Click OK
    10. Select printer from manufacturer and model from the list, click Next
    11. Use driver currently installed (as this is from Win7 anyway)
    12. Give your printer a name (Maybe filled for you)
    13. Click Next
    14. Click Next (as already shared from other computer)
    15. Click Print a test page to test the connection.

This worked for me, let us know if it works for you..

• Proposed as answer by dazza59 Friday, December 2, 2011 6:37 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 6:36 AM