none
iTunes Doesn't Work Properly

General discussion

• Occasionally when i click on the iTunes icon, it doesn't open a window. The process will open in the task manager but no window will ever appear. I use to use kaspersky iss 8 and this happened quite often but since removing it, it still happens just much less  frequently. 

Thanks,

matt

Friday, January 30, 2009 12:17 AM

All replies

• I had the same problem with iTunes. 

Installed fine, ran fine to import and encode a WMV music file. Played fine.

If I closed the iTunes down and went to open it later, nothing happened. There was an incidence of iTunes in the processes section of Task manager that I could not get to Force Quit.

I had to reboot to use iTunes again.

While I had it going, I purchased a tv program to see if that would work. It did but the download kept freezing at any given point. It would continue to download after I restarted and relaunched iTunes. It took about 4 tries to complete the 640MB download.

I eventually uninstalled it because I don't need it and will wait for the glitches to get fixed.

Friday, January 30, 2009 1:08 AM
  • So far I've haven't run into any of this having run the the latest updated version along with Quicktime. You may have seen a bad install leading to problems.
    Friday, January 30, 2009 4:58 AM
  • I installed Windows 7 last night. I didn't have the time to check full iTunes functionality but iTunes opened up much faster than any previous version of Windows.
    Friday, January 30, 2009 6:05 AM
  • I believe that most of the issues with iTunes has to do with some incompatibilities with various anti-virus programs.  After disabling Norton Internet Security 2009 I was able to run iTunes, download podcasts and other files without a problem and without freezing.  After spending some time with Norton, I created an exception in the scanning module so that it won't scan the iTunes folder.  No more freezes.  I did not have this problem in Vista (my Windows 7 installation is an upgrade) but it is a problem that exists with Vista and XP installations.
    Friday, January 30, 2009 12:14 PM
  • I haven't seen one problem with AVG 8.0 on here except for the typical annoyance of popup notifications showing through everything else.
    Monday, February 09, 2009 7:49 AM