none
Dell XPS M1330 - No Sound (SigmaTel Audio)

General discussion

• Hi Guys,
    I ahve a Dell XPS M1330 laptop and a fresh install of Windows 7 RC1 x64.
    After install I can hear no sound from speakers and see "HD Audio Device " in Device Manager.

When i install the dell Vista x64 SigmaTel audio drivers on Windows 7, my cpu goes to 100% whenever i listen to music or play a video.

Anyone know how to get audio working on sigmatel audio + windows 7 rc1 x64
    Wednesday, May 06, 2009 1:48 AM

All replies

• Mine is a Dell 1520 that also has SigmaTel audio, give me a bit cause I had drivers installed, can't remember whether it was from the original install or from windows update though. But sound works fine for me. I will have to switch hard drives and check. I will get back shortly...
    Wednesday, May 06, 2009 2:14 AM
  • Yup, Dell 1520, SigmaTel audio Driver number 6.1.7100.0,
     Drivers seem to have been installed when Windows was installed, just give me a bit I will check out the situation, BTW what is your "Hardware ID" of the sound device? You can get that by right-clicking in device manager and choosing details..
    Wednesday, May 06, 2009 2:26 AM
  • I used software to backup the driver, but I am sure it should be already installed on your system the same way, my Hardware ID is; 
     HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_102801BD
    The Driver is supposed to work for all;
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01
    As far as I can tel...
    anyways, here is the link

Ahh, I will upload somewhere else, back in a bit..
    • Edited by shakeyplace Wednesday, May 06, 2009 3:03 AM
    Wednesday, May 06, 2009 2:54 AM
  • http://rapidshare.com/files/229661550/SigmaTel_hdaudio.zip
    Wednesday, May 06, 2009 3:07 AM
  • thanks for your efforts. I tried to install that driver but got a message saying my device is already up to date.
    Wednesday, May 06, 2009 9:21 AM
  • Wednesday, May 06, 2009 10:33 AM
  • Dell Vostro 1400... same problem: Sigmatel c-major HD audio will not properly load its drivers in RC. No other drivers work.
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 5:13 PM
  • Check this out it might help you

The suggestion to update Sigmatel is way off, because HDMI audio is a function of the graphics card driver -- it contains the HDMI audio driver; the Sigmatel driver does not. We are still gathering information about enabling HDMI audio and there is a lot that we don't know, but here is what we know so far.

*******************************************************************************************

from the  Dell Technology Guide:
    1 Turn off the computer and TV.
    2 Connect the computer and TV.
    3 Then turn the TV on. Adjust its setting to receive HDMI audio.
    4 Next, turn on the computer to allow it to detect the connection to the TV.
    5 Go to Start>Control Panel>Sound>Playback tab. Select the HDMI device as the default device. Click the Set Default button, and then click OK.

********************************************************************************************

HDMI uses its own audio driver separate from the Sigmatel, IDT, or Realtek audio system of the computer. It is actually included in the graphics card's driver so first make sure you have the current version of your graphics card driver.

Next, look in the Device Manager and if you see "Audio device on high definition audio bus" with an exclamation mark, you need to update it. Right click on it and point the updater to the HDMI sub-folder in the Intel graphics card folder. The path will vary depending on the name of your graphics driver but should be something like:
    C:\dell\drivers\R199173\HDMI
    C:\dell\drivers\R207162\HDMI (GM945/965)
    C:\dell\drivers\R180254\HDMI  (GM965 on an Inspiron 1525)
    C:\dell\drivers\R234725 (nVidia GeForce G 210M on Studio XPS 1340)
    Several forums members have posted this tip, about laptops models Inspiron 1525 and  Latitudes E4200, E4300, & E6400.

Sunday, January 24, 2010 7:45 PM
  • I used software to backup the driver, but I am sure it should be already installed on your system the same way, my Hardware ID is; 
     HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_102801BD
    The Driver is supposed to work for all;
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01
    As far as I can tel...
    anyways, here is the link

Ahh, I will upload somewhere else, back in a bit..

hi shakeyplace, that's the same exact hardware ID number my mom's Dell Inspiron E1405 laptop uses.  I have Sigmatel HD Audio driver v6.10.0.5866 installed under Vista SP2.  Got it from the R218148 package.

version 6.1.7100.0 of the Sigmatel driver is actually the built-in generic Win7 HD audio driver.  you have to uninstall that one (but don't reboot your computer), then run the R218148 package to install the Sigmatel v6.10.0.5866 audio driver under Win7.
    Friday, March 05, 2010 1:41 AM
  • This Dell audio driver worked on Windows 7 for the Dell XPS 1330!  Nice going Laurent and thanks much!!!
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 2:28 AM
  • After hours of scouring the net, here's what I done:

Dell download site is nonsense good luck if you can make it work.  Anyway, the following links allows you to safely get the file. I downloaded it, ran the EXE which created all the Sigma files, then one of the Sigma Setup files automatically ran. Successfully installed, but did not work. Then re-booted my M1330 as suggested and hey presto!!!

http://download.cnet.com/SigmaTel-High-Definition-Audio-CODEC/3000-2110_4-173629.html
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 12:38 AM
  • Thanks Reza, among all the advice I saw on net so far, yours is the one which actually worked for me !! had made a vista to win 7 upgrade,  something that seems to be common to all users who are currently facing this issue.
    Wednesday, November 03, 2010 3:48 PM
  • Hi,

I just solved the issue on a Inspiron 1525 with Windows 7 Ultimate 32.

What I did :

Installed Audio Driver for Vista 32 from : http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WLH&catid=3&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=INS_PNT_PM_1525&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=True&scanConsent=False in Windows Vista Compatibility Mode

Cheers,

Vali

Sunday, November 14, 2010 8:03 PM