none
Why returning to sleep mode on two computers with the same settings works differently? RRS feed

• Question

• I have two computers with the same software - Windows 10 Pro (version 1903, OS build 18362.418) and the same settings in the Settings / Power and Sleep menu - 10 and 30 minutes. The program for archiving the system disk (in case of an accident) is installed on both computers. I programmed to archive at night when sleep mode is on. Archiving works fine, but one computer returns to sleep mode and the other does not return. Why is this happening?

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:53 PM

All replies

• The computer which doesn't go to Sleep -update the graphic card driver of it.

In the Put the computer to sleep box, select a new value such as 15 minutes. However, make sure that you do not select Never. Then, click Change advanced power settings.

1. Expand Sleep, expand Allow waker timers, and then select Disable.

Note This setting prevents programs from waking your computer. If you want a scheduled task to wake your computer, you have to change this setting back to Enable.
    2. Expand Multimedia settings, expand When sharing media, and then select Allow the computer to sleep.

Note This setting lets your computer go to sleep even if you share media libraries with other computers on your home network.

Open cmd, and then click Run as administrator.

To see the list of all devices that can wake the computer, run the following command:

Powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

Also:

1. Select the “Start” button, then type “device“.
    2. Open “Device Manager“.
    3. Expand the “Network adapters” section.
    4. Check under each of the options by right-clicking and selecting “Properties“.
    5. Uncheck the “Allow this device to wake the computer” box, then select “OK” for each network ca

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:06 AM
  • Hello,

Please run Power troubleshooter from Settings app > Update & security > Troubleshoot on the computer having this issue. See if it helps you.

Hope this helps!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:51 AM
  • Run Power troubleshooter at first.

Remove peripheral devices

Disable Hybrid Mode

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 6:35 AM
  • Thanks to everyone who responded, but nothing helps! Moreover, on my computers, Power Options windows differ in the content of the Sleep section. On a computer that works fine 4 positions

Sleep after,

Allow hybrid sleep,

Hibernet after,

Allow wake timers.

On a computer that does not go into Sleep mode, there are only 3 positions. There, the Allow hybrid sleep position is missing.

On a computer that is working fine, Allow hybrid sleep is set to On, not Off.

What else can I check?

Friday, November 15, 2019 12:11 AM
  • I continued to search for the reason why one of my computers did not go into sleep mode, and I found in Event Viewer exactly at the moment when the computer was supposed to enter sleep mode, the following message

Warning 19-Nov-19 12:17:11 PM DistributedCOM 10016 None

And here - https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-error-distributedcom-10016/ - Windows 10 error distributedcom 10016: How do I fix it? - there are two solutions. One of the solutions is very simple (removing four keys from the Registry), and the other is extremely complex (more than 20 positions of adjustments).

Can these corrections have any side effects? Whether this is due to the fact that two screens are connected to this computer. The computer where this error does not occur has one screen.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 12:10 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:18 AM