Dual Monitor display cutoff on one monitor - nvidia gtx280 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and am experiencing a dual monitor problem using my nvidia gtx 280.  I am using driver version 8.17.11.9562 according to control panel.  One monitor is an ASUS 19" and the other is an ASUS 22".

The left 19" monitor displays perfectly but the second 22" (right monitor) has the display shifted hoirzontally to the left so that part of the screen is cut off.  I have tried to adjust this using the monitor's horizontal adjust feature but even when it is adjusted 100% to the right (deFault is 50%) part of the display is cutoff.

Does anyone know of another way that this display can be corrected?
    • Edited by infin Friday, November 27, 2009 12:31 PM clarification
    Friday, November 27, 2009 12:29 PM

Answers

• The solution to my problem was a factory reset of the monitor.
    • Marked as answer by infin Sunday, November 29, 2009 12:49 AM
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 12:49 AM

All replies

• I have had similar problems with my dual display. It happens nearly every night. To fix mine, I use the detect button, on the screen resolution page, and it always corrects it.

good luck 
    Friday, November 27, 2009 10:06 PM
  • Unfortunately that has not proivided any relief for me.
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 2:00 AM
  • some more information:

even when i put the ASUS 22" WS into single monitor mode I still have the same display problem: the display is pushed to the left and part of it is cut off.
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 4:18 AM
  • The solution to my problem was a factory reset of the monitor.
    • Marked as answer by infin Sunday, November 29, 2009 12:49 AM
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 12:49 AM
  • i have same problem... when i lower the resolution and bring it back to the previous one it gets fixed, but if i restart or play some game and then quit the game the screen is cutted off again. i also used my nvidia cpanel to set the screen postition but i get same thing.

what i know till now - it`s not from the Monitor Driver; it`s not from the Video Card Driver, it happens on every version of Windows (xp, vista, win7)

Sunday, August 29, 2010 1:33 PM
  • I ran into this problem just last month trying to use a Samsung DX520 52" flat panel display as a second monitor.  I looked for 3 weeks for an answer.  Finally, mostly by luck, I fixed my problem by simply reversing the connections to the 2 DVI connectors on my NVIDIA 9800GT card.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:21 PM