none
XP Mode Will Not Start RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 7 pro laptop with 2 XP mode VMs.  I recently converted this laptop to a Virtual Machine usng VMWare Standalone Converter.  I made sure the XP mode VMs were powered off when I converted the Laptop.  The new Widows 7 VM worked fine (with a new activation license), but when I attempt to run the XP Mode VMs, a windows come up indicating that the virtual machine is starting up, but once the status bar reaches about 75%, it shuts off.

Any Advise???

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 6:45 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Please understand, VMWare Standalone Converter is a third-party tool which we are not familiar with. I would suggest you contact the support of vmware for further help.

For your reference:

Troubleshooting checklist for VMware Converter 

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1016330

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information. 

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Thursday, March 7, 2019 3:38 AM
  • We need important info that's missing:

What hypervisor are you running the Windows 7 VM with?

What are the current hardware specs for host PC? make/model, cpu, etc?

Have you enabled hardware virtualization?

Technically, you're in a licensing violation, since that OEM Win7 license for your system can't be transferred like that.

Thursday, March 7, 2019 9:17 PM
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                   

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, March 11, 2019 7:12 AM