none
what will happen internally if we click on to open a shared folder RRS feed

• Question

• can any one explain what will happen in terms of os level if we double click on a shared folder to open. please tell me what will happen if we access that folder from a different domain.
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 6:05 PM

All replies

• When you double-click a shared folder, you are making a request to this folder by your current credential, if credential is allowed, you could open/access to this folder, the allow permission is configured by this shared folder’s creator.

When you want access to a shared folder from a different domain, you need to enter the correct IP address of this folder, then enter your credential. This credential must be allowed by the folder’s admin, the admin can configure shared folder’s security properties to allow who can access to.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:26 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:51 AM