i can seem to downlod updates and when i use the sfc/scannow it says that i need to check my cbs.log but when i do access is denied so i dont know how to fix this will someone pls help. btw i dont know what forum this would be under sorry
Please temporarily disable firewall and antivirus program, and then refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.
Rename Windows Update Temporary folders
1. Click the Start Button, go to the Search textbox, type in "Notepad" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.
2. Copy the following commands and then paste them into the opened Notepad window:
net stop wuauserv
net stop Cryptsvc
ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution sdold.old
ren %windir%\system32\catroot2 crt2old.old
net start wuauserv
net start Cryptsvc
3. After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Choose Save when you are prompted to save the file. Type "register.bat" (without the quotation marks) as the file name and choose Desktop from the left panel as the location.
4. Refer to the Desktop and right click the register.bat file, then choose Run as administrator.
5. A DOS-like window will begin processing.
Then, please restart the computer and check if we can update now.
If the issue persists, please collect the following log file and upload it to Skydrive (www.skydrive.live.com) for research.
1. Click Start menu and type: %windir% and press Enter.
2. Locate a file named "WindowsUpdate.log"
3. Upload it to Skydrive and share the link to me. If there is any error message, please also upload it.
Marked as answer byNovak WuFriday, October 23, 2009 1:47 AM
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.